Not open for further replies.
F1 - 2018 Australian Grand Prix

US TV Times:
Practice 1 – Thursday, March 22, 9:00 PM – ESPN3
Practice 2 – Friday, March 23, 1:00 AM – ESPN3
Practice 3 – Friday, March 23, 10:00 PM – ESPNEWS
Qualifying – Saturday, March 24, 2:00 AM – ESPN2
Race – Sunday, March 25, 1:00 AM – ESPN2

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

a900f7db18f36a70fd5fe117f703ff32.jpg

Originally Posted By: newbe46
First, give me back the grid girls and second get rid of the halo.

Absolutely! The way this thing is starting to go, you would think the France family was running F1.

Sixth, V-12's please.

Seventh, Bring back refueling. No more saving fuel or tires.

Eighth, cut the topside aero

Ninth, cut the number over the wall for pit stops to 5.

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm just stoked for the season to start!

Prior to testing I was most worried about Haas, now I'm most excited for them. I'd love them to be fighting for P4-P6 in the constructor's championship.

I think Red Bull is a lock for P3 but I also think there won't be much daylight between the points totals this year.

I think Force India is really going to feel pressure like they haven't since the V6 turbo era began. The other teams [and power units] in the mid field have have made some great strides.

Not expecting a great year from Williams, either. They've had fundamental correlation issues with updates and now they have two young drivers.

I'm also excited for Toro Rosso Honda. I think we'll see them in low points paying positions with hope of working their way up the midfield a bit when Honda introduces their new combustion concept later this year.

McLaren had some karma delivered in pre-season testing but I do expect them to eventually (even if they struggle for the first GP or two) be fighting for P4-P5 in the constructor's championship.

I'm thinking McLaren will be fighting Renault for that P4-P5 spot as they continue to organize and develop their program.

Sauber? Unfortunately still bringing up the rear.

Mercedes, Ferrari. Ferrari, Mercedes. Who knows?

So my prediction for the season...

1. Mercedes (but Vettel wins WDC)
2. Ferrari
3. Red Bull
4. Renault
5. McLaren
6. Haas
7. Force India
8. Toro Rosso
9. Williams
10. Sauber

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Fourth, get rid of Hamilton.

Fifth, get rid of Vettel.

Is that the only way for anyone else to have a chance, aside from relegating a talent like Alonso to a McLaren?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: gofast182
1. Mercedes (but Vettel wins WDC)

Of course, I'm cheering for Vettel, so I hope you're right. In theory, at least, I think Bottas can take more points from Hamilton than Kimi can from Seb.

It's funny everyone calls it a "halo" when it looks exactly like a thong/flip-flop.

Another classic example of the teams not knowing or agreeing on what they want, and then the FIA barges in and mandates it anyway, leaving no one happy.

But that's F1...

Watching the stream on watchespn.com and so far I am very impressed. It is just the SkyF1 feed but the quality is fantastic with no to minimal buffering.

Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon

It's funny everyone calls it a "halo" when it looks exactly like a thong/flip-flop.

OK, bring back the grid girls and put the thongs on them!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon

OK, bring back the grid girls and put the thongs on them!

I approve this message.

The video quality is absolutely spectacular. I watched some of FP3 on my phone waiting for other people to show up at our car hangout and the quality of the stream even on 4G was amazing. Watching the rest on my DVR at home and it is impressive. I have streamed Sky before, not the most legal of ways, and it was never as good as the ESPN/Sky feed is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back