Latest And Greatest For Oil Stain Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an auto repair shop and then a heavy truck garage.. both with smooth concrete.

Two products that work and are super cheap- LA Totally Awesome from the dollar store and baby oil. Both of them eat grease stains.

I "know" that there are differing concrete formulae, but here goes.

On my snowy white concrete I use Purple Power.
Pour boiling water on the stain to heat it up.
Spray with Purple Power and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Hit with more boiling water (because you'll likely need to repeat).

It messages the oil stain right up to the surface.
As usual, hose down the area downhill form the stain as you do not want the rinse water to stain unstained concrete.

I use powdered detergent (Tide) and step on it to press it into the oil.
After leaving it overnight, you cab sweep it up and dispose of in the trash, better for the environment
Any residual can be lifted with TSP solution, again, most was lifted by the powdered detergent

If it's recent, cheap non clumping cat litter. Put that on it, let sit overnight and it'll be like 99% gone in the morning, then use degreaser of your choice.

Hands down the best stuff I have found is actually super cheap here in Mexico. Its called Roma which is a ultra strong laundry detergent powder. We have an old box truck that leaks oil and I saw our guys using this and it definitely works. They just mix it with water to form a paste and put it on the stain, let it soak, scrub it a little and rinse it of. Its great for cleaning greasy rags and clothes too. My wife tried it on my work pants that I use to work on the car and soaked my mechanics glove (which I used to retrieve a dropped oil drain plug in 6.5 qts of oil) it worked better than purple power. The stuff is strong and I'm slightly allergic to it so if you use it to clean clothes wash them again in a milder detergent. You should be able to find it in any local Latin grocery store or Hispanic markets, since its very popular with folks in the US (it super cheap). There is another brand Foca (meaning seal) that is the same stuff and both are biodegradable and phosphate free.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I had an auto repair shop and then a heavy truck garage.. both with smooth concrete.

Two products that work and are super cheap- LA Totally Awesome from the dollar store and baby oil. Both of them eat grease stains.

I wonder if LA TA works on rust stains on the driveway?

For rust try CLR concrete cleaner, or diluted muriactic acid. Most hardware store carry driveway cleaners, but for rust (iron oxide) acids work best. Just follow the directions and wear the proper safety equipment

I didn't ever consider LA's. Lots of good ideas to try. Hopefully one works. Its just stains caused from messy oil changes and such, I try and wipe them up as soon as I can, but once it hits the concrete, it seems it lives there permanently. Just want to make it look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back