What Happened to Liquid Glass Enterprises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Liquid Glass Polish and many of their other products for 35 years. A few months ago, all the on-line outlets for the products ran out of stock (Amazon, AutoBarn, Advance Auto, etc.) I contacted all of them and none knew anything. Liquid Glass Enterprises does not answer their phone or e-mails.

I heard a rumor at a car show that they went out of business but cannot confirm. Does anyone have any idea what happened or know someone who might know? I have enough in stock to last me for many years but I am really curious about this. This product has a huge following especially from older guys like me.

I used to get the polish from Autobarn. I have contacted them twice by e-mail over the last 6 months. They know nothing.

I contacted Autozone by e-mail as well. They also know nothing. Neither does Amazon. Its like the company just dropped off the face of the earth.

Here's a good replacement company and a little about their history. In the past I've asked for samples and they sent me full size bottles. I won't ask them again because they've already been generous enough with me and don't want to take advantage. You can easily talk via phone/email with the owners.

https://www.duragloss.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

And the product I recommend:

https://www.duragloss.com/Exterior-Polishes/Polish-Cleaner/8-oz.-Duragloss-PC-(Polish-Cleaner)

Duragloss is great stuff. After trying a bunch of products looking for something better, I keep coming back to Duragloss. IMO, it offers the best value, and works as well as products that cost a lot more.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Man, those clothes from the mugshot are straight out of the '70s...

Sometimes truth is even stranger than fiction, I guess.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: novadude
Duragloss is great stuff. After trying a bunch of products looking for something better, I keep coming back to Duragloss. IMO, it offers the best value, and works as well as products that cost a lot more.

Agreed, I like trying new products but keep coming back to them for certain things. Their shampoo, Aquawax, Sealants, etc... Their sealants don't stain or leave a white powder behind.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
I have enough LG to last me for the rest of my life.

It looks like you have nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
It looks like you have nothing to worry about.

I don't, but after using the products for over 30 years, I have to wonder what is going on. The products have a huge following among us older guys and I run into a lot of users at the car shows I go to.

I know there are other good products out there and it appears Duragloss might be one of them, but I have had such great results with LG over the years it is hard to believe it is just gone.

Big LG fan here. 35 years of use. Anybody know if there is a special process to prepare the surface if LG was used but now switching to Duragloss? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back