Gravity inversion for the back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here done gravity inversion? I used to do it when at the chiropractor. I swear I could feel my spine stretching. Felt good.

About 15 yrs ago my dad had some back problems.

He got an inversion table and uses it when he starts feeling a little discomfort, says it was the best money he ever spent.

I herniated two discs at the age of 19 and the doctors wanted to remove them. Went to a pain management clinic and the doctor recommended an inversion table. I used it extensively for a few months until the pain went away. Now, a few decades later, I still have alll my discs and I still use my inversion table whenever I start feeling discomfort in the lower back. Also look up “Roman Chairs” I hear they are also good for back problems.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
About 15 yrs ago my dad had some back problems.

He got an inversion table and uses it when he starts feeling a little discomfort, says it was the best money he ever spent.

+1

My father has had back problems since he was 19 (he's now 52), and says he loves the inversion table he got.

I have daily minor back pain that is manageable with pain meds, but years ago it was so bad that I use to sometimes pass out from back pain. I had multiple fractures in disc L5-S1 and had an IDET procedure performed by Dr.Jeffery Saal in California in December of 2000 and the knife in the back pain in the center and left side was gone when I awoke from the procedure. I still have the minor pain on the center right back that I control with daily pain meds.

One of the best things I ever bought for my back is a La-Z-Boy recliner chair. My sister bought one and I sat in it at her house and after about 45 minutes I noticed that my back felt better than it did when I first sat down. I asked my sister if it was a La-Z-Boy and she said yes. I then asked how much did she pay for it, about a grand I guess. And she said that is exactly what it cost. A few days later I went to the local main headquarters for La-Z-Boy and asked about the recliners. I told them that I want a recliner made for a tall person as I am 6'5" and they said that the tall recliners are also the extra wide. I sat in one and it did not fit me right, so I sat in another and it fit me like a glove even though it was the same model as the first one. I told them I wanted to buy that chair, and they said OK. I told them I do not think you understand, I want to buy that exact chair, not one of the same model. They said that they normally do not sell chairs on the display floor but because they had two identical models on display it would not be a problem. I told them that I wanted to ensure that that exact chair was the one I bought, and I wanted to flip that chair over and sign the bottom in ink, and if the signature was not on the chair when it arrives at my house it would not be accepted. They said OK, and I signed that chair and bought it.

Before I purchased that chair I had purchased another recliner and had the back modified to make it taller, but it broke in a couple of years. I have had the La-Z-Boy now for 12 years. I have had to have it worked on twice. It has a lifetime warranty on parts, but I had to pay for labor. If it ever wears out I would go out and buy another just like it. It is a great recliner.

Last edited:
I usually find that my back clicks nicely and feels better when I use the ab station at the gym in which I support myself on my forearms and lift my legs to horizontal in front of me...I always follow that up with an exercise in which I compress the back of my spine, though, usually on a station where I am supported on my upper thighs and hook my heels behind pads and then slowly raise my upper body from neutral to compressing the back.
A physical therapist taught me years ago that core exercises like crunches that extend your back should always be followed by ones that compress it, as pain due to disc problems is usually from them slipping or rupturing towards the back.

Before you buy something that turns you upside down try it. I tried an inversion table last year and got vertigo instantly and so intensely that I thought I would pass out before I got upright. Sick for an hour afterward. Blech.

So if being upside-down inverts gravity, laying flat must mean zero gravity. You learn something new everyday.
smile.gif

I tried one a couple times, it really clamps down on your feet and kind of hurts because all of your body weight is hanging from them. I could feel my back slowly stretching, felt pretty good. But then all of your blood rushes to your head and it feels kinda gross. My back was sore afterwards.

I have occasional mid-back pain. Bought an inversion table a few years back. Don't use it much, but when I need it, it truly is wonderful...

I have horrible back problems and have been through regular Chiropractic and PT visits.
I bought a Teeter table about two years ago and use it as needed.
I have not been back to the Chiropractor or visited the PT since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back