Mercury V-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had the chance to see or drive one of the new mercury V-6 four strokes 175-225. They really have a lot of nice features. Good to see the USA adding new products.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I was just in south florida, gulf side and I didn't see a single Mercury on a boat. 100% Yamaha down there

Yamahas have REALLY got their act together for salt water use (corrosion resistance)

The price of ALL new outboards (175HP-225HP ... or more) is enough to make a grown man cry.

I have no experience with those motors, either. Here in Georgia’s freshwater lakes, it’s a mishmash of old and new outboards. Some marinas still sell 50:1 premix, direct from the pump!

When I visit family on the Gulf coast of FL, it’s 75% Yamahas. Up north in the St. Lawrence seaway, Honda seems most popular among outboards.

Mercury/Mercruiser does a nice job of marketing based on new features that the rest of the industry doesn’t have. However (at least in the inboard/stern drive world) they don’t have the greatest reputation for testing these new innovations before they get to the first batch of “end users”...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back