You've got hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira
I like good coffee too but I avoid "Fourbucks" (green & white angelic logo, out of Seattle).

99% of people at that place are ordering mega-fancy dessert drinks, and I have to wait in line behind them for a cup of coffee with room for cream. No, thanks.

lol.gif

There is probably a cafed Airhead close by - it'll have flat plank seat, upolstered brown, wrapped pipes and oversized tyres.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Friends don't let their friends go to Starsucks!

There is a Stahbucks with a drive through in my town and it seems like the line is 20 cars deep most of the time, each drink takes so long to make and those people are just idling, idling, idling...I should knock on each window and warn them all about the horrors of fuel dilution!!!
;^)

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

There is a Stahbucks with a drive through in my town and it seems like the line is 20 cars deep most of the time, each drink takes so long to make and those people are just idling, idling, idling...I should knock on each window and warn them all about the horrors of fuel dilution!!!
;^)

Dunkin's the same thing with similar bad coffee that costs about the same but New Englanders think it is the best.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

;^)

Dunkin's the same thing with similar bad coffee that costs about the same but New Englanders think it is the best.

...and not even fresh good donuts anymore.
I have to find the Polish places to get some good donuts.

P.S. Am I the only one walking into Starbucks and not ordering coffee? I once in a blue moon buy their sandwiches...

Originally Posted By: pandus13

;^)

P.S. Am I the only one walking into Starbucks and not ordering coffee? I once in a blue moon buy their sandwiches...

If I stop in a Stahbucks to get my daughter a coffee, I will usually get a chai for myself. Their food looks good to me, but has seemed kind of old the few times I have bought it, like it was sitting too long.

;^)

Hold on now. Dunkin's coffee is actually the best. I don't know if it's necessarily the best tasting, but there is something about it. Maybe they put liquid cocaine in it. I don't know.

Do you like bagels?'
If yes, have you ever been to NY Bagel & Bialy in Lincolnwood?
They boil/bake all night for the morning rush and we must have gone there for fresh, hot bagels between 10pm and 4am hundreds of times.
These are REAL bagels that are boiled and then baked, not the rings of Wonder Bread that most the US thinks are bagels.

Do you like bagels?'
If yes, have you ever been to NY Bagel & Bialy in Lincolnwood?
They boil/bake all night for the morning rush and we must have gone there for fresh, hot bagels between 10pm and 4am hundreds of times.
These are REAL bagels that are boiled and then baked, not the rings of Wonder Bread that most the US thinks are bagels.

Thanks for the tip.

Also, if you still visit, try any location of Einstein Bros. Bagels

Also, if you still visit, try any location of Einstein Bros. Bagels

We have those around here, they are better than most bagels but I still think you will be amazed by NY B&B (on Touhy). Open 24 hours.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
I make my coffee at home because drip coffee is awful. I prefer it being made in a percolator.

My folks had 3-4 percolators that looked exactly the same and much like the one in this pic I found. When they couldn't find that exact one in department stores anymore, dad would comb through Salvation Army stores until he found one and would repair it with solder if it was leaking. Probably lead based solder, not that it matters now.
If I saw one like this in person, I might burst into tears because it would remind me so much of my long gone parents...heck, maybe I'll just cry now.

Not this New Englander. Maybe 10-15 years ago, but now I prefer Marylou's or Honey Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back