Apple juice from China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
You are all funny...you are protesting over chinese apples...but you are eating tonnes of chinese tomatoes...(Heinz)ketchup etc...

Look up that doccu....90% of tomato sauce is produced in China and then inported worldwide...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0779JTFPD

Only if you eat factory made "food". Buy local and make it yourself. Ketchup is REALLY easy to make.

We are lucky here in Ottawa, there is a local greenhouse that sells tomatoes year round.

http://savourottawa.ca/suntech-greenhouses/

Last edited:
That doesnt represent a problem for me...or for majority of my country.

But cany you buy a fresh meat...milk...whatevee fresh food in any major western city? For London i know that they can buy processed food only...same goes for all big cities.. M

But cany you buy a fresh meat...milk...whatevee fresh food in any major western city? For London i know that they can buy processed food only...same goes for all big cities.. M

Yes, you can, it is just a little more expensive. People are cheap.

Yes those "poor people" in China. They are dying off everyday from bad apple juice....lol. I have traveled over there extensively. 1.4 billion people seem to be doing just fine...and in many ways better. I don't see any of the obesity there that I do here. The women all look great well into their 50's....figure it out, we should be eating what they are eating.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

Yes, you can, it is just a little more expensive. People are cheap.

Exactly. Most of my meat comes from an elk I harvested last year. Milk? Don't drink it, but I can get fresh raw milk a few miles up the road if I desire. For other stuff, we have a 1,500 sq ft garden and my wife likes to grow, dehydrate, freeze, and can our own veggies (tomatoes, berries, fruits, squash, greens, etc...). I'm only 15 minutes outside the biggest metro area in my state.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Yes those "poor people" in China. They are dying off everyday from bad apple juice....lol. I have traveled over there extensively. 1.4 billion people seem to be doing just fine...and in many ways better. I don't see any of the obesity there that I do here. The women all look great well into their 50's....figure it out, we should be eating what they are eating.

LOL, exactly. Except for the ones who like to eat KFC or McDonalds.

Buy from your local farmers. Good food might be a little bit more expensive in the short run but it's a screaming good deal in the long run. If man made it don't eat it.

That is simply not the case. Smithfield, Covent Garden, and Billingsgate are major daily markets for meat, fruit and vegetables, and fish. Not processed, but fresh.
Processed food is all to easy to buy, and cheap, because it is subsidised by the same taxpayers whose health is suffering from eating this junk. But food grown and reared the old fashioned way, and nor riddled with pesticides, is available at a price in the UK, including London.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Most mainstream apple juice sold in the US has parts sourced from China and that has been the case for many years.

True, if it's from concentrate and doesn't say otherwise, chances are it has some China AJ blended in. There is a somewhat local juice company (A.Lassonde) that blends juices under various brands, and their Oasis "not from concentrate" AJ says "fresh squeezed from Canadian Apples". While the apples are probably a year or more old and stored whole in massive warehouses before being pressed, the juice is still very good.

Sometimes you can notice different types of apples used like Macs, Delicious etc. Kind of a nice surprise of variety.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

The socio-economic status of individual Chinese people is inconsequential. The fact that they have very different food processing standards is where the concern is. We're talking about allowed pesticides and concentrations of such, as well as other unintentional additives finding their way into the juice.
Basically this:
Quote:
Arsenic is not the only concern. An article in The Journal of Environmental Health, January 2012, concluded that China has poor environmental and waste management practices, excessive application of chemicals and fertilizer, counterfeit operations, lack of education regarding proper chemical application procedures, and lack of government and food safety regulations to develop and enforce food safety regulations.

Concentrating is also a concern because some of the pesiticides are not volatile and can simply increase in concentration proportionally to the amount of water removed.

Did anyone notice around PimTacs post that the title changed from Apple to Orange?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Claud
But food grown and reared the old fashioned way, and nor riddled with pesticides, is available at a price in the UK, including London.

Claud.

yea ok.....but is it ready available at every local market/shop or do you have to spend half of your free time after your job to find that food?
smile.gif

There's no way the Chinese "juice" has more than a couple of real apples in each tanker. Fake juice has always been a problem even from American suppliers.

Last edited:
But food grown and reared the old fashioned way, and nor riddled with pesticides, is available at a price in the UK, including London.

Claud.

yea ok.....but is it ready available at every local market/shop or do you have to spend half of your free time after your job to find that food?
smile.gif

Well, you only need to find one store that sells real food. Its not like you have to buy garbage food just because its there. My kids rarely drink fruit juice of any type, as most of it is khrapp. Fresh fruit is pretty cheap in season and apple storage has been pretty much perfected so they can have an actual apple year round.
We get a few gallons of apple cider right from the orchard down the road every fall and that's about it. Spending dollars per liter on coloured sugar water with some citric acid added is just a waste when water is free from our tap.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Claud.

smile.gif

Well, you only need to find one store that sells real food. Its not like you have to buy garbage food just because its there. My kids rarely drink fruit juice of any type, as most of it is khrapp. Fresh fruit is pretty cheap in season and apple storage has been pretty much perfected so they can have an actual apple year round.
We get a few gallons of apple cider right from the orchard down the road every fall and that's about it. Spending dollars per liter on coloured sugar water with some citric acid added is just a waste when water is free from our tap.

Any medium size town in the UK will have shops selling relatively unmolested food. Not on every corner, but not difficult or time consuming to find. Is junk food not cheaper and easier to buy than higher standard foods in Slovenia?.

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back