Anyone cringe when someone drives your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: dishdude
A road test is supposed to be part of the inspection process in PA.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Yep, and they told me that it is REQUIRED by state MV/DOT law as part of the safety inspection, even on very low mile (mine had < 4K miles on it at last inspection), ONE year old, pretty much BRAND NEW cars.

Wow, that's new to me. They check over a couple things, slap a sticker on, and I pay them the $35.

I've even had some shops which wanted to charge me $30.00 MORE, on TOP of an already over-priced inspection, to hand torque, (or EVEN to use a 'torque stick' socket to re-install) the wheels back on after the requisite diagonal wheel removal (so this was for only TWO wheels to be hand torque-wrenched), instead of their Neanderthals holding a 550 lb. ft.+ pneumatic air gun on the lugs until it stalls.
mad.gif

(And they refused to just gun torque them to snugness, and then let ME torque wrench them in their lot. GRRRR!)

I DESPISE AND HATE this form of privatization B******T!
31.gif

If it bothers you so much, do like the guy who will not even let a valet park his car.

Of course, most car repair places will not let the owner drive his vehicle from out front into the bay, so what is a nervous nelly to do!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
All the hand-wringing in this thread so far is just petty. It's just a car. They're made to survive potholes and rev higher than 2k.

To soften or shock the guys,

Does anybody knows one of the videos of car manufacturers stress-test on cars?

I remember being a wee little guy and watching a Jackie Chan movie where they tested some cars doors opening by the hundred times....

Also, do I get bonus points if I hit 5k RPM in a Yaris (speed or semi-windshield-splat)

Oh, and I drove a friend's Lincoln MKZ hybrid at 2.5 rpm (The most that car has seen on her life)

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
If it bothers you so much, do like the guy who will not even let a valet park his car.

I DO NOT allow this car to be valet parked, but the state inspection process here gives one NO CHOICE whatsoever, save for maybe bribing the corrupt shop owner with cash to forego the required road test (or somehow finding ONE which WILL let you ride along)!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back