Jack Points for 2016 Dodge Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 50 years of jacking up cars and changing/rotating tires, I feel kind of stupid posting this. However, things have changed over the years and with the flimsy underside of unibody cars, one has to be very careful using a floor jack.

The owner's manual shows the jack points as the pinch welds just behind the front wheel and just in front of the rear wheels. While looking for jack pad adapters for the car, the vendors all seem to say the rear of the Charger already has jack pads. Perhaps they are the round objects just in front of the pinch weld slot in the photo but I can find nothing to confirm that. Anyone know??

Also, has anyone purchased and used pinch weld adapters for the front jack point on their cars? Most adapters are too long. The available pinch weld space in less than two inches. I custom made one out of a nylon bench block but thought there might be a better commercial option (perhaps a permanent install or magnetic). No luck so far. Any links?

My car is much lower than yours and I have had many issues with jacking since I bought it. The so-called "jack points" are for DIY guys. The basic "frame" of the unibody is extremely rigid and can tolerate a jack anywhere along the side between the wheels. Those pads on the rear are excellent for jack pad placement also.

The notches at the pinch welds are for roadside tire changes. Since my car did not ship with a spare or a jack I have never used them.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Those pads on the rear are excellent for jack pad placement also.

So you have used the round objects just in front of the pinch weld slot in the photo to jack the rear of your car without a problem?

I have seen those get bent by people running over stuff. They are only held on by a screw, just remember that when jacking. You don't want to jack it at an angle.

I lift them there everyday with a two post lift.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

So you have used the round objects just in front of the pinch weld slot in the photo to jack the rear of your car without a problem?

yes. they also fit the lift pads on the two post lift in his garage.at my friends house perfectly

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

yes. they also fit the lift pads on the two post lift in his garage.at my friends house perfectly

That is good news. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back