2015 Honda Pilot Idle Learn Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2008 CR-V had an idle learn procedure that was recommended after disconnecting the battery. I recall the gas mileage was improved if it was performed. Does a 2015 Pilot have one too?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Start it and idle to 3000rpm, until it comes up to temp and radiator fans come on twice.

....or just drive it normally....

Idle learn only happens.....at idle.

Get the vehicle up to temp, then let it idle for 5 mins. Done.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Start it and idle to 3000rpm, until it comes up to temp and radiator fans come on twice.

Nope, the ILP on older Honda vehicles does involve holding at at 3000 RPM for 5 minutes. I'm just trying to figure out if this procedure still applies on a 2015 Pilot.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman

Nope, the ILP on older Honda vehicles does involve holding at at 3000 RPM for 5 minutes. I'm just trying to figure out if this procedure still applies on a 2015 Pilot.

There is an idle period to the procedure IIRC according to the factory service manual. I think you were supposed to let it idle then after the two fan on-off cycles for another couple minutes, or another two fan cycles without touching anything electric on the car. The main purpose of the 3000 rpm was just to get it to operating temp I thought.

The dealer techs after popping in the battery feed fuses in the engine bay j-box/fuse panel will start them up and let them idle while they finish up the PDI.

The other procedure Honda suggests(rev up to 3K, cycle the fans and idle) can be done if you need to take your car in for a smog check/state inspection and need to cycle through most the readiness monitors quicker.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman

That is just to get the engine up to normal temp. I have to do this all the time. See my sig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back