Springfield XD MOD.2. vs XD(M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They obviously look a little different, and each has some different combinations of size/caliber options, but what are the primary differences in these two series/lines? Reading their website, it’s about like PUP vs PP...I can’t really see it.

The XD Mod 2 can be considered a revision of the original XD (Croatian HS2000). The magazines from the XD work in the Mod 2.

The XDM is its own thing. XDM magazines are unique to the XDM.

The XD/Mod2 are 'standard' striker fired polymer guns. They compete on the same level as comparable Glocks, Sigs, etc.

The XDM is a competition ready gun.

I do not feel that Springfields are in the same league as Glock and M&PS as far as quality goes. When the sears puke the gun will be locked up with a round in the chamber.

I have a couple of XD Tactical in 40 S@Wat I bought used and continued to abuse them . With high round counts and cleaning them when they Stop firing. They seem to work. I am sure if critical parts fail the gun stops working. I like Glocks design and feel better though. I amtakingthe XD out today and making some noise.

First gun? I don't know why it is, but I see a ton of newbies at the range with an XD of some flavor as their first gun. And almost always in .40. Because newbies want "more" stopping power than 9MM, for some stupid reason when they should have just bought a 9MM. It's interesting to see. Because I see it ALL the time.

Basically, if you have a bunch of handguns and want to add another to the collection, get an XD. If this is your first handgun, bypass these things and get something better. And this is coming from someone that really likes the XD platform. I have one of the first XD's ever imported into the country 15 plus years ago. It has never jammed. It has a ton of rounds down range. I just feel that any of the other polymer fantastics are better guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back