How long do digital units stay in spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got myself a used 1/2 AC Delco digital adapter that shows your torque value in real time and beeps when you get near/on it.

How long can I expect this to stay within the proper measurement? My wrenches are 10 years old and this was cheaper than a replacement 3/4 and 1/2 in torque wrenches.

Last edited:
Commercial businesses usually use a 12 month interval. The manual for this adapter does not specify a particular interval. There were no calibration instructions that I could find, so if it needs adjustment you may be SOL.

Set my torque wrench to 100 and it’s reading 116 lb ft when the wrench clicks. Seems ok with the age on em.

Originally Posted By: Hemispheres
Set my torque wrench to 100 and it’s reading 116 lb ft when the wrench clicks. Seems ok with the age on em.

Tolerance on the vast majority of "click" style torque wrenches is +/-4% of setting from 20% to 100% of the range of the wrench.
The tolerance of your new adapter is 2%. Assuming the adapter is good your clicker needs adjustment.

The adapter may be fine when you have it (if ever) calibrated, but I know of no way to get it adjusted if it isn't.

Originally Posted By: redbone3

The adapter may be fine when you have it (if ever) calibrated, but I know of no way to get it adjusted if it isn't.

A lot of specialty precision measuring instruments never really go out of cal until damaged.

I’m happy as can be with it. Calibrating wrenches turned out to be a pain even with a digital fish scale. This will make short work of just about any torqued fastener.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: redbone3

A lot of specialty precision measuring intruments never really go out of cal until damaged.

And a lot of them do go out of tolerance, or I would not have had the job of calibrating them since 1973.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back