STP S10060 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back from Boiling Springs PA and this filter gave brother low psi after installing. He put this and M1 0w40 in his 07' Yukon hybrid suv around December 1 timeframe. Next morning noted real low psi; psi came back to normal but driving to work it went to 5-9 psi. He had friend bring it to brothers garage and brother put it back on lift and installed a M1 filter and all is well now. ADBV has slices in it and was rock hard! He has 2,000 now on M1 filter and M1 0w40

Next month ill be in Boiling Springs again so hopefully i can cut the M1 fikter open. I gave brother 2 5quart jugs of Castrol 0w40 for next oci. Vehicle has 112,557 miles on it.

I tried the basic blue can STP twice on my Nissan and had lots of start up noise both times so I stopped there use. I do have good luck with the better STP filters though.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I tried the basic blue can STP twice on my Nissan and had lots of start up noise both times so I stopped there use. I do have good luck with the better STP filters though.

This was first ever STP filter brother used. He said "P1 or M1 filters or WIX from now on!"

Start up noise from the Purolator made STP is why I went with the China made STP XL, 6 mos already and quiet as mouse.

sprite1741 said:
Start up noise from the Purolator made STP is why I went with the China made STP XL, 6 mos already and quiet as mouse.

I'm sticking with FU AND WIX and tough guard

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
can you post what the manufacturers claim is for filter media efficiency?
some of these lesser grade filters may not filter, even if they "look nice"

I have no idea

Originally Posted By: car51
Less than 100 if you read the original posting

Thanks for that. I did read the post. Dec 1

For 100 miles that filter looks horrible.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Ya think LOL!
smile.gif

Purolator quality: still SUCKS!!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Does it normally have oil pressure issues? 40 weight seems high for that application, can't believe a 5W30 wouldn't be thick enough.

No, its been balls to wall reliable 6.0 LS in the Yukon. I educated brother on the b.s. in resource conserving oils. I gave him 2 5quart jugs of 0w40 CASTROL EDGE for next couple oil changes. He has learned the 0w40 is a stout oil

Car51, I agree. We see plenty of bad Purolator filters here. Still, for a filter to look like that after just 100 miles tells me that engine is in poor shape. GovMo

Car51, I agree. We see plenty of bad Purolator filters here. Still, for a filter to look like that after just 100 miles tells me that engine is in poor shape. GovMo

Brother is using the M1 0W40 to clean up some of the gunk he sae when replacing valve stem seals a bit ago. He said the consumption has dropped a lot

How could the ADBV get rock hard in 100 miles?

Brother is using the M1 0W40 to clean up some of the gunk he sae when replacing valve stem seals a bit ago. He said the consumption has dropped a lot

Okay, that verified that then. Thanks for all your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back