Denso150-2000e.jpg

Denso150-2000f.jpg

Denso150-2000g.jpg

Denso150-2000h.jpg

Denso150-2000i.jpg

Denso150-2000j.jpg

Denso150-2000k.jpg

Denso150-2000l.jpg

Even though I see the C word, it doesn't look bad. Looks like their old Thailand blue cans. The one thing I don't like, why the nitrile drain back valve? They used to use an orange silicone.

Not a bad looking filter at all. It shows that made in China is not always poor quality as long as quality control is maintained. In this case, Denso has done well.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
... It shows that made in China is not always poor quality as long as quality control is maintained. ...
I hope that also applies to my first Chinese filter, namely the Fram Tough Guard now in my car! It's also the most expensive oil filter I ever bought, by far. Anybody have experience with these?

Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe
Even though I see the C word, it doesn't look bad. Looks like their old Thailand blue cans. The one thing I don't like, why the nitrile drain back valve? They used to use an orange silicone.

Yes, I don’t care for the Nitrile ADBV either.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Look at those huge louvers. Toyota has always valued flow over efficiency.

There so big they are holes.

Originally Posted By: car51
Robert: thanks for the c&p and all that you do here
smile.gif

You’re welcome as usual and right back at you.
thumbsup2.gif

I meant to point out earlier:

Though externally it looks quite similar to the Toyota OEM filter which is made in Thailand vs China, beyond the tapping plate and perhaps ADBV not much appears in common. The can is slightly taller and not shaped the same. The media and bypass are completely diffrent.

This filter was in the $5.00 range.

Can I be honest?

I’m not too impressed, particularly for the cost. I’ll admit the tapping plate and o-ring are nice, but the rest of it
confused.gif

OEM Toyota Denso’s for this application can be had for the same or less money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe

Yes, I don’t care for the Nitrile ADBV either.

Hmm, wonder if the ADBV is actually silicone for Denso’s website:

http://densoautoparts.com/filters-oil-filters.aspx

commercial-vehicle-LD-oilfilter_1.jpg

Quote:

1. Efficient Paper

protects engines against contaminants.
2. Silicon Anti-Drainback

prevents rough starts caused by oil draining out of the engine while vehicle is turned off.
3. Pre-Lubricated Molded O-Ring

seals better than gaskets used by other brands.

Of course it also shows what appears to be OEM media.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Hmm, wonder if the ADBV is actually silicone for Denso’s website:

It is not silicone anymore. That is old ad copy that Denso has not changed. They even dropped the silcone ADBV from their boxes.

1595708738192.png

It says the ADBV is silicon, not silicone, so it's made of sand lol. I'm pretty sure it's silicone, though. It's just black. Royal Purple's valve is purple silicone.

It says the ADBV is silicon, not silicone, so it's made of sand lol. I'm pretty sure it's silicone, though. It's just black. Royal Purple's valve is purple silicone.
Well sand would be silicon dioxide, not elemental silicon. Entities such as Denso should know the difference.

I prefer the YZZD3/D1 OEM TOYOTA design with no end caps. For a Toyota application with this filter I’d just go with the Toyota branded option as well.

Can I be honest?

I’m not too impressed, particularly for the cost. I’ll admit the tapping plate and o-ring are nice, but the rest of it
confused.gif

OEM Toyota Denso’s for this application can be had for the same or less money.

Back