New Recall RAM Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email from MyCarfax today about a new recall affecting my 2012 Ram truck involving potential failure of the front fuel tank bracket. Says "Remedy Not Yet Available" though, unsurprisingly. Thought I'd share here so other Ram owners can check their VIN's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I got an email from MyCarfax today about a new recall affecting my 2012 Ram truck involving potential failure of the front fuel tank bracket. Says "Remedy Not Yet Available" though, unsurprisingly. Thought I'd share here so other Ram owners can check their VIN's.

Thanks, Nyogtha. Nothing for my 13 yet but I wish I would get one for my paint issue. Bubbles on both sides of the front fenders now and it seems quite common with a lot of trucks. These pics are just the front passenger side but I have more bubbles now more spread about.
My Father was talking to another guy (stranger) who also is having the same problem, only on a 14. He told my Father, his dealer basically told him to pound salt?
I haven't done much digging/follow up yet but hope to real soon.
Have you heard of this or does your 12 have the same issue?

Edit: Meant to add, this truck has been Rust Proofed since new but from what I understand, there is foam or the like in behind these fenders which keeps the rust proofing spray away from the metal. The foam holds the moisture and of course it leads to this.
mad.gif

Last edited:
Not a single bubble yet on my 2012's paint despite its first 4 years of ownership in NW Ohio during Polar Vortex winters with boatloads of road salt.

My wife's 2011 Mustang had bubbling at the dissimilar metal hood clips in less than 3 years, the Ford dealership told her to pound sand even while under 3 year / 60K mile factory warranty because it hadn't rusted through yet. While it still hasn't rusted through, I plan to take it to an inexpensive body shop here in SA to address this Spring, as it ain't gettin' any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back