Do any of you use itunes for downloading music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do and they're starting to tick me off. First off, why aren't all of the original recordings available? Obviously, the owner of the rights for that music is getting paid, so why not make it available? I've been getting a lot of these remakes and I can't stand them. I only want the original, studio recordings. Secondly, they need to make buyers aware of whether or not the song is the original or a remake. I don't like wasting money on songs I don't want. Sometimes you can listen to a sample, but not always...

It’s been a while since I’ve downloaded any music. Most people stream these days. When i did I was also looking for oldies and had to listen to the sample to learn if it was right or not. I got taken a couple of times but at .99¢ it was no big loss. I actually lied it because I could pick and choose songs without buying the whole album in many cases.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It’s been a while since I’ve downloaded any music. Most people stream these days. When i did I was also looking for oldies and had to listen to the sample to learn if it was right or not. I got taken a couple of times but at .99¢ it was no big loss. I actually lied it because I could pick and choose songs without buying the whole album in many cases.

I guess I just don't understand the point of remakes. The original artist will make another recording of their original hit, but they never sound the same as the original. Why do they do this? Someone owns the rights to that music, why wouldn't they want to make it available to sell to the public so they can make money off of the rights? I don't get it...

There is so much junk out there, I agree. You probably remember radio stations playing shortened versions of songs which ruined them. They also sped up the songs as well. 70’s radio had a big part in ruining music imo and a lot of that junk is on iTunes.

One example, Jan and Dean’s Deadmans Curve. Great song but the iTunes version was not the exact one that Jan and Dean did.

I’m showing my age here again.

I refuse to use any Apple product unless I absolutely have to. I have an iPhone, issued by my work, as my "on-call" phone, and that's it. It stays off when I'm not on call.

For my music, I usually just buy any CD that I want from Amazon or one of my local used music shops, and then rip it to MP3 so I can bring it with me.

I've heard the Radio edit shortened version of Bob Seger Night Moves. Makes me angry how they do that! It's promotion just play it how the Original Artist intended!

I buy all of my music through iTunes on my iPhone. I've never seen where there isn't a sample to listen to. And I always get original songs. Sometimes they're remastered, so they're cleaned up but sounds good.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Why buy music at all with today's streaming services?
Costs me more per month for data than buying the music I want

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Some of those K-Tell albums from the 70s had shortened versions of the hit songs of the day.

"22 Fantastic Hits" - that's 11 songs per side. Shortened and/or low quality.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Google Play Music lets you download to your devices. Download at home, music on the go. It can even download your stations/playlists/favorites. You can use it like iTunes or like Spotify.

$15/mo for myself and 4 family members. $3 per person per month is hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Google Play Music lets you download to your devices. Download at home, music on the go. It can even download your stations/playlists/favorites. You can use it like iTunes or like Spotify.

$15/mo for myself and 4 family members. $3 per person per month is hard to beat.

Do they have an app?

Yes, Google Play Music. Have it on my personal Android devices as well as my work iPhone.

Between myself and family members, it's installed on almost 20 devices. I control who is on my plan by email, and each person on my plan has their own music library; there's no interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back