What Motorsports do you like to watch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after the disappointment of the Daytona, I was glad to of found a new channel (UK) showing Auzzy V8 Supercars, watched a few highlight shows and really enjoying it, reminded me of the closeness and battles from the BTCC days when we have the volvos, Alfas, Cleland, Winkelhoch etc. Hoping Bathurst 6h will be covered in a few weeks.
I enjoyed the red bull rally cross for a while and tend to keep tabs on WRC, but wondering what else is out there that I might enjoy to watch on TV/Youtube/internet to stop me watching mundane car crash videos on YouTube ?

I like most anything- F1, Indycar, NASCAR, Endurance Racing, Touring Car, WRC...
I've attended the Indy 500 several times as well as the inaugural F1 race there. I've also attended a couple of NACAR races at Kentucky Speedway.

Trials. Probably won't mean anything to most Americans.

Used to be televised A LONG time ago on the BBC on Saturday afternoon. Various classes, but it mostly seemed to involve driving up muddy hills in something like a trad British 2wd sports car.

To get grip, the "passenger", who was usually a woman and often not petite, had to bounce up and down.

Big women bouncing up and down in the mud in sports cars made a big impression on me as a callow yoof, even in black and white.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Trials. Probably won't mean anything to most Americans.

Used to be televised A LONG time ago on the BBC on Saturday afternoon. Various classes, but it mostly seemed to involve driving up muddy hills in something like a trad British 2wd sports car.

To get grip, the "passenger", who was usually a woman and often not petite, had to bounce up and down.

Big women bouncing up and down in the mud in sports cars made a big impression on me as a callow yoof, even in black and white.

Those look like fun; Thoroughbred and Classic Cars usually has coverage of classic trials events; I admire the men and women who use their cars as intended- not stuck in a temperature/humidity controlled room:

Apparently not so many women involved in the colour era

Not even any mud on the last one, which goes on a bit, but there's a Reliant 3-wheeler just at the end if you want to fast-forward

With most motorsports in decline "from there own doing" Moto GP is the best bet for great racing and entertainment at the moment. We just need some Americans running in it to help promote it in the USA.

Check out the one from this weekend!!!

Nothing anymore, I was a big F1, 500cc 2 stroke bikes and B rally cars fan but today its all sanitized and boring, soon they will be taking the driver out of the car.
Round and round Nascar stuff was always as boring as watching the pages of a book turn yellow. If I could get motorcycle TT or these trials I would watch that for sure.

Mostly F1 and I never missed a race. I am a late starter and I wish I followed the sport in the 80's and 90's.

Other than F1 I also like any 24 hours endurance, Daytona and Le Mans.

WRC but only certain times, Monte Carlo, Finland, Sweden, Spain.
I am convinced the Group B era of Rally was the peak of motorsport, anywhere in the world, and from there it's gone down.

Motocross, Supercross, Dakar Rally, and whichever extreme enduros have enough good video footage to sit and watch.

Go autocrossing yourself. Good cheap safe fun and you get to create your own highlight/blooper reel.
MotoGP is good and Indycar is looking exciting this year with the low down force cars.

V8 Supercar is certainly pretty entertaining- one of the best modern series.

But the last couple of years, I've gone out to the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association day at Circuit of the Americas, and found that I'd rather watch those cars 100x more than anything modern. And that includes the Trans Am and T/A2 series that run the same day. The old Big Bore cars from 1960-1980 are just a blast to watch (and HEAR!). The class includes Cobras, Mustangs, Camaros, the occasional AMX, and the occasional Barracuda or Challenger, depending on who comes out to a particular race. The 1950s Brabhams and Lolas are fantastic, also. There's another class where more recently retired cars run (you'll see former NASCAR road racers from the ~2000s), and another class where wing cars from the 70s-90s run (mostly retired IRL cars). The variety is what makes it so great, the heat races are fairly short (1/2 to 1 hour), so it doesn't ever get boring.

I also enjoy watching footage from the races at the Goodwood Festival in England, available on Youtube.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
WRC but only certain times, Monte Carlo, Finland, Sweden, Spain.
I am convinced the Group B era of Rally was the peak of motorsport, anywhere in the world, and from there it's gone down.

I saw group B twice live in 85 and 86, they were mind blowing. There never was or will be anything like them again, the stuff they use today is a rolling joke in comparison. The B cars were on the edge of killing someone, either driver/co or spectator or both all the time, but that's racing.
Those who drove them or went to see them knew the risk and did it anyway and that is the point nanny seems to forget.

I used to like to watch the SUPER [censored] BUT,now I like the manufactures championship races around the world. Got tired of watching races that only go round & round. Ed

On a regular basis I watch supercross and motocross. I'll occasionally tune in for NASCAR here and there, but I never watch a full race. I'l enjoy F1 and the new E series. I also will watch the touring cars if they happen to be on.

I watch NASCAR frequently and I keep up woth every WRC event via internet. Big toyota and Jari Matti Latvala fan. I also watch non-NHRA drag racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back