2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU 3.6 Pentastar, 2007 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: doyall
Wear metals are not much different from the apx. 2,000 mile FF UOA on my wife's 2017 3.6 PUG (posted sometime in March 2017). I did the next change after 3,000 miles and looks like I may be settling into 5,000 mile OCI's. May try extending it a bit further based on UOA's but the 5K interval is easier to remember.

What oil and filter are you running now?

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
What oil and filter are you running now?

Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20/5W-30 mix (4 to 2). Keeps it in SAE 20 grade at start and hopefully keeps it there against the moderate fuel dilution that keeps showing up on UOA's (short trip commuter). "Genuine" Chrysler filter.

Last edited:
Stay with Pennzoil or another approved Chrysler/jeep oil and OEM filter for warranty purposes. Take picture of your oil change if DIYed.
I tried M1 with in Durango (same engine)once and noise level under high RPM was unbearable.
OEM filter is fine and have not had any issues so far. My car has just 30k miles on it.

Originally Posted By: CaspianM
Stay with Pennzoil or another approved Chrysler/jeep oil and OEM filter for warranty purposes. Take picture of your oil change if DIYed.
I tried M1 with in Durango (same engine)once and noise level under high RPM was unbearable.
OEM filter is fine and have not had any issues so far. My car has just 30k miles on it.

That's odd, we had literally no difference in sound between dealer 5w-20, Castrol Edge 0w-20 (gold bottle) or M1 AFE 0w-20 (which is what is in it presently) in our Durango.

No sound, noise.
wink.gif

Even in my Yamaha Using M1 I get more sewing machine chatter.
You get used to it. I noticed as I put more miles on it, it got better.

Last edited:
My 3.6 is smooth as silk on the M1 0w20EP. Just as smooth and quiet as the factory fill.

In all the vehicles I've ever had, I could never tell a difference in noise between any Mobil 1 product and any other oil. That includes different weights of oil. I went from a run of 5w20 Pennzoil Platinum in my JK 3.8 to M1 0w40, to Pennzoil yellow bottle 5w30. No perceptible difference in noise or NVH, at all.

M1 is not like you poured water in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back