2011 Silverado work truck 6000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this truck base model V6 4 speed auto one owner. I know the 4.3 and 4 speed auto are ancient but are they reliable? The truck was bought new by an older guy and not driven much. It seems to have decent power to me. Manual windows and locks, rubber floor does have cruise and AC. Any info on this power train would help thanks.

Friend uses a Chevy WT just like the one you describe for his lawn care business. He has over 200,000 miles on it and has not had any engine or transmission issues. Wheel bearings, brakes and rotors are a different story though. However, he tows with it constantly and is probably towing more than he should with it.

I think the 4.3L engine has the same bore and stroke as the older 5.7L GM V8.

Last edited:
You got a 2011 with 6000 miles? Good job. Not a thing wrong with that motor/tranny for light duty for many many miles and there are countless of them being beat on as true work trucks. Not the most powerful but if it suits your needs so what? The biggest complaint I've heard about the 4.3 in a fullsize is it doesn't get the gas mileage people want. I've got the 2016 version of that truck and it's a different 4.3 and tranny but I really like the basic no frills work truck package.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
You got a 2011 with 6000 miles? Good job. Not a thing wrong with that motor/tranny for light duty for many many miles and there are countless of them being beat on as true work trucks. Not the most powerful but if it suits your needs so what? The biggest complaint I've heard about the 4.3 in a fullsize is it doesn't get the gas mileage people want. I've got the 2016 version of that truck and it's a different 4.3 and tranny but I really like the basic no frills work truck package.

It was an older gentlemen bought it new and put side steps and a cover on the bed. Had 5,500 miles on it , I verified the car fax and it is like new. The interior and exterior are spot less. $12,600 is what I paid. I don't haul anything, just a third car.

Last edited:
Nice. Years ago I bought a 6-7 yr old '81 Chevy short bed stepside with the 250 6cyl/3MT with 4500 miles on it. Old guy bought it and then passed and it sat in the garage for a couple of years. I drove that truck for 15 years.

Great Truck. You are lucky to find one that has this low of miles. These 4.3 V6's do run forever and relatively inexpensive to keep on the road.

Yup , just keep the frame flushed as well . As with the inner walls of the front fenders and especially above the rear fenders dew wells. These are the perpetual rust points of GM trucks since time began. Also flush out the door bottoms regularly. There’s a method on youtube showing the way to Oil the inside of the doors using Vaseline and transmission fluid that looks promising. Change the tranny and diff fluids on schedule. Take care of the undersides of the body and they often go to 200’000 miles +. Adding a transmission cooler is always a good idea too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back