Denso Air and Cabin Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So planning to replace Engine and Cabin air filters for Acura. Noticed on RA, Denso is showing as an OEM and both can be had for ~$18 delivered.

On the other hand, I bough Fram Fresh Breeze and Extra Guard filters from Walmart for ~$35.

Does anyone has any feedback for Denso and if they are similar to Fram?

Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
The ones I have used were fine, no issues that I am aware of.

Thanks Trav, yeah cost difference is like 100% more, hence I am leaning toward Denso vs Fram option.

Have I got something for you then!

I picked up some of the Denso First Time fit filters because I was curious if they were identical to Toyota OEM. I'm still not sure if they are, but I'll gladly use the Denso filters.

Air Filter comparison - They seem pretty similar. Maybe a SLIGHT difference in media, but I couldn't discern any other differences in build or gaskets.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Cabin filter - Denso has maybe half the pleats (at 1/3 the cost) but the dimensions were good. Left is my dirty OEM Toyota CAF with about 7k miles on it.

1.jpg

I use whatever in my Rav4. Use cheap but decent. Cheap to save money. Decent so you get good enough filtration.

Denso are the best for my application. But, every vehicle is different.

OEM for whatever reason is cheaper for me.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I just got a denso first time fit air filter for my camry
Its pretty quiet I think. I like it. Fit no problem.
I also ordered one for the jeep wrangler.
Looks good enough for my general use.

I also ordered a few denso first time fit cartridge oil filters
For the 2014+ pentastar 3.6L V6.
Excited to try em

I have used the Denso cabin air filter for my scion and it's much better quality than the other stuff I've tried out there. And yes Denso IS the oem supplier for filters to Toyota. I think Toyota owns a majority stake in that company.

I recently bought Denso First Time Fit air filters for my Infiniti Q50 3.7 and I was impressed with their quality and finish. They have a high-quality polyurethane gasket to help seal the air box and the filter media appeared to be of good quality. They also have a stainless steel mesh screen that covers the filter media to give it added strength and filtration. They fit perfectly (my car takes 2 air filters) and I actually liked them better than my previous OEM Nissan air filters. I would definitely recommend them.

Really like Denso cabin and engine air filters. Never had an issue in Japanese or Korean applications.

In recent memory Ive run OE air filters. We used to run a lot of Denso filters on the Toyota Previa which lived a long life.

I did get a Fram cabin filter for our two Hondas. Not that impressed.

Many fewer pleats and COO was not USA.

So I'd shop Denso.

I didn't like the Denso First Time Fit air filter for my Vibe (Toyota 1.8 engine). This is an all-fiber filter that is pressed or molded into shape. Some of the sealing suface was irregular and looked like it wouldn't fit right the first time.

That model is definitely not the same as the OEM filter, which was marked both Toyota and Denso. The AC Delco replacement was also a Toyota/Denso filter.

My complaint is really application-specific. In an application that has a gasket, I wouldn't hesitate to use a Denso.

Here is the original filter, clean side. The Denso aftermarket filter is fuzzier. The sealing surface isn't as smooth, and had some spots that seemed defectively fuzzy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
I didn't like the Denso First Time Fit air filter for my Vibe (Toyota 1.8 engine). This is an all-fiber filter that is pressed or molded into shape. Some of the sealing suface was irregular and looked like it wouldn't fit right the first time.

That model is definitely not the same as the OEM filter, which was marked both Toyota and Denso. The AC Delco replacement was also a Toyota/Denso filter.

My complaint is really application-specific. In an application that has a gasket, I wouldn't hesitate to use a Denso.

Here is the original filter, clean side. The Denso aftermarket filter is fuzzier. The sealing surface isn't as smooth, and had some spots that seemed defectively fuzzy.

01.gif

Denso recently switched their engine air filters to the FTF line, which is all-Chinese. They made the switch a couple years ago. Before that, Denso used to sell reboxed OEM air filters, same country of origin as OEM, and the line was called "OE Quality." Denso also changed the part numbers during the switch from OE Quality to FTF.

However, Denso's cabin filters are still the reboxed OE cabin filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back