7$ for a quart of Conventional Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Venezuela, the country with the biggest oil reserves in the world but a quart a conventional oil costs more than 7 USD, the minimum wage isn´t enough to buy a quart of oil by the way

That's about the price of a quart of conventional here at the rip-off auto parts chains,$5.99-$6.99. I honestly don't see how they stay in business. I'm guessing from gullible people who don't know any better.

Doing a web search it appears Citgo's US refineries looked to Canada to supply crude last summer.

A reserve is no good if you can't economically and reliably get it out of the ground and refined.

Citgo motor oil (US refined) can be had for < $2 USD/qt with rebates, both the semi syn and synthetic

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
A reserve is no good if you can't economically and reliably get it out of the ground and refined.

That´s totally true and shows the inefficiency of the government which manages the petroleum industry.

^^^^^^^^^^

Very,very true indeed. I feel bad for you all.

Has to conventional oil costing $6.49 a qt at AZ, AAP and O Reilly's not on sale... Crazy. Makes no sense to me either. I can get Warren Distribution made synthetic blend oil for $2.58 a qt. And I got a 5 qt container of it last month for $10.29.

Global ecconomics, same in NZ, our biggest export is dairy...and you can buy our milk and butter in the UK cheaper than we can here. The markets pay more, and so do you.

Some European countries have similar prices due to the high tax rate on oil and fuel, what is the tax on oil there? It might be the oil is not that expensive pre tax.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Some European countries have similar prices due to the high tax rate on oil and fuel, what is the tax on oil there? It might be the oil is not that expensive pre tax.

It is not for the taxes, one year ago oil was subsidized by the government and costed 1$ a qt, the problem that the scarcity causes that some third party people buy the oil at regulated prices and resell it with a 500% or more increase in price.

This is what happens in a hyper-inflationary environment that suppresses market forces, unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
This is what happens in a hyper-inflationary environment that suppresses market forces, unfortunately.

Exactly! Thank God Central Banks are not interfering with the bond market and keeping interest rate artificially low!

Originally Posted By: Emanuel
I live in Venezuela, the country with the biggest oil reserves in the world but a quart a conventional oil costs more than 7 USD, the minimum wage isn´t enough to buy a quart of oil by the way

That's insane!

Cheap oil Here

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46

Exactly! Thank God Central Banks are not interfering with the bond market and keeping interest rate artificially low!

Don’t get me started on our own monetary woes! Fortunately, [censored] decisions by our own central bank pencil-out when one is leader of the free world and maintains the predominant reserve currency.

Isn't Venezuela in total chaos right now? Massive inflation, no government, and people running around killing each other? I'm surprised the OP has an internet connection.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Isn't Venezuela big on sugarcane ethanol too?

You're thinking of Brazil.

If I could ship some inexpensive motor oil from the US to the OP with any confidence of it honestly getting delivered to the OP, I'd do it.

Canadian crude makes lots of sense for the Citgo refinery in the Chicago area. For the Citgo refineries in Lake Charles, LA & Corpus Christi, TX, not so much. Venezuela has lost numerous outlets to refine their crude oil with the massive HOVENSA refinery on St. Croix being shuttered last decade and the San Nicholas refinery on Aruba being recently shuttered. The Aruban government has leased that refinery to Citgo who plans to convert it to a heavy crude upgrader to produce syncrude like Zuata Sweet, but part of the lease provision is no more burning heavy fuel oil in that refinery's furnaces and boilers. Venezuela claims US sanctions are impeding building the gas pipeline from Venezurla to Aruba to supply natural gas to the island now after building housing for 1500 laborers for the refinry conversion. I say kudos to the Aruban people & government, here's a pic of all the acid gas emissions of SOX & NOX that represents typical prior operation on the island. Aruba is in the Netherlands Antilles, which is part of The Netherlands but along with Bonaire and Curacao are just off the coast of Venezuela.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Isn't Venezuela in total chaos right now? Massive inflation, no government, and people running around killing each other? I'm surprised the OP has an internet connection.

It´s a total chaos, but we do have internet connection

Originally Posted By: Emanuel
Originally Posted By: das_peikko

It´s a total chaos, but we do have internet connection

With a basis in Mechanical Engineering you could easily major in Tribology for your Master's.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Isn't Venezuela big on sugarcane ethanol too?

Dave: that's BRAZIL you're think in' of
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back