Flennor parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use them? Advertised as Flennor Germany. I did some research on their site and it looks like the only thing sourced overseas to China is their pulleys.

RA has sway bar end links for the Volvo in my signature. Price seems good and the Made in Germany is attractive too.

From what I've read, they've apparently had some fitment issues with their timing belts though.
21.gif

I'd give 'em a go in my 2007 V70.

I bought Deeza sway bar links (Turkey) for my 2002 and they were good for the time I owned the car.
Then unrest hit Turkey and the name seemed to vanish.
Maybe some "sway bar expertise" migrated to Germany.

I don't like them, the company puts Made in Germany on the box so the box is probably Made in Germany but sometimes the bag the part its in says otherwise. From the parts I have seen the parts quality varies from decent to not so great.
For parts that are easy to change like sway bar links they are probably okay but I wouldn't put inner tie rods or ball joints on from them.
Stick with good stuff from well known companies, you pay a bit more but a lot less headache.

Yeah labelling can be misleading. We get made it germany boxes all the time, and get turkey/czech/spain on the parts from TRW, Febi does the made in germany but assembled in china tag.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Yeah labelling can be misleading. We get made it germany boxes all the time, and get turkey/czech/spain on the parts from TRW, Febi does the made in germany but assembled in china tag.

To my surprise, I experienced the opposite recently. Was changing the lower control arms w/ integrated ball joint on the old Mazda van, and bought cheapies from PartSource (< $100 each, which is a great price) figuring that they should outlast an old high-mileage vehicle anyway.

The boxes said 'Made in China', as expected, but the plastic bags inside said 'Made in Japan'. Given the apparent quality and perfect fit, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

You never know the Chicoms also knock packaging off, some knock offs look perfect and others like garbage.
I was reading one pump manufacturer had to physically dismantle the pump to determine if it was in fact knocked off, everything inc production numbers, markings and packaging were correct.

Originally Posted By: Trav
You never know the Chicoms also knock packaging off, some knock offs look perfect and others like garbage.
I was reading one pump manufacturer had to physically dismantle the pump to determine if it was in fact knocked off, everything inc production numbers, markings and packaging were correct.

I did a bit of research about the brand and one guy on a BMW forum bought some Flennor suspension components from Ebay that said Made in Flennor.
laugh.gif

At least it didn't say "Mead in Flennor" I guess.

Sounds flaky to me. Playing hide and seek with the COO is a good sign things are not what they seem.
When companies like Sanden, Makita, Hilti, SKF, Nikon, etc open a factory in China they make no attempt to hide the COO, it is what it is, don't like it don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back