Pennzoil Pure Plus EU 0W-40 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in my local Wal-mart in Austin TX this morning and I found they had a clearance sale of $2 a quart and $9 for the 5 quart jug of the Pennzoil Pure Plus Europe 0W-40 all dated Jan 2017. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Impala 3.5 Flex fuel (looks brand new still) and a 1996 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV engine that is my daily driver to work. I have been using synthetic 5W-30 and 10W-30 depending on sales. Would there be any concern to run back and purchase this oil and use them in both cars?

I like the price and they also had the original Super Tech filters that are being cleared out on sale for $1. The whole Europe oil has been a little confusing to me, but sounds like this would be fine to use in these cars without any concern. Thanks everyone.

I had used similar oils for years in my Audi, then when they had a sale I put some of this stuff in my Jeep...I must say it's the smoothest running oil I've ever used in it, and none of the sluggishness I've had running PHM 10W40 for instance. I'd try it.

They will work fine on the cars you mentioned with no problems
smile.gif

I picked up a couple of jugs of this at WalMart the other day for $13 each, after $2 rebate per quart it came out to $6 for 10 quarts. You would get an even better deal! I've used 5W-30, 10W-30, 0W-40, and 10W-40 in my engine with no problems.

You snooze you lose. Could not get back to the Wal-Mart till late Saturday evening and all 6 five quart jugs and the 11 1 quart jugs were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back