Servicing TUFF TORQ K61 & K62

Status
Not open for further replies.
am going to service 2 different TT transmissions. K61 and K62. I went to TT and got the procedures for draining and refilling each with 5w-50.

Here's my dilemma. I have always serviced the K61 by simply draining from one drain bolt hole and refilling into the translucent plastic reservoir. Apparently, the K62 has a different procedure. The K62 requires the removal of 2 drain bolts. One from the gear chamber and one from the hydrostatic chamber. I have the pictures so that is no problem.

Where I start to mentally struggle is when it says to "refill transmission through both locations on the top of the K62/K66 housing. The plastic elbow on the fill port of the hydro chamber will be attached...via tube into an expansion reservoir... bring oil to FILL LINE that is embossed on the side of the plastic tank." (Ok, totally understood. Just like I would do on the K61) Next sentence reads "Finally top of the gear chamber and reinstall both caps." Another interesting sentence in the instructions says, "NOTE: Oil will not flow from one chamber to the other."

SOOO, here's is my understanding. My K61 has one drain, one chamber and one fill hole in the plastic tank. My K62 has 2 drains, 2 fills, 2 separate chambers. I know how to fill the plastic tank from above. But how do I know how much to put in the other hole in the top of the gear chamber?

Have I over thunk this?

https://www.tufftorqservices.com/instance1EnvEEdefault/FlatHTML/TechInfo/ttcoil/pdfs/cc%20K62%20M,V%20K66A,%20AC,%20R,Y,%20AD%20MODELS%20%20EQUIPPED%20WITH%20400CC%20%20RESERVIOR%20CHECKING%20&%20ADDING%20OIL.pdf

Looks like you fill both chambers completely,
put the caps back,
then fill the reservoir to the proper level....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back