What kind of vehicle ramps do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the plastic Rhino 12,000 pound set. They work great. They are light and nest together nicely.

Not sure what brand or what they're rated - they're metal, older than me, and don't strain under a 3/4 ton truck so I'm happy!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Pine-o … glued and screwed

OMG 4WD! I spit out my coffee! That is hilarious!
smile.gif

I also have a Rhino set, but i think mine are 8K? They are the set lower than the 12K anyway. I still use jack stands under the car after i drive up onto the ramps. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Pine-o … glued and screwed

Where is the pic?

Pine-o as well. Three two x 10 with a 2 x 4 at the end to stop the roll. Belonged to a friend who passed away. He’d get a chuckle knowing his old ramps were still being used.

I have Rhino with Pine-o underneath because they're a tad low.

When the Cherokee was sold no car in the family could approach without scraping.
Giving those steels to my pal (who was always generous to me) felt REAL GOOD.

Sold my old steel ramps that I've had since the 70s and bought two 8 ton Rhino Ramps and a friend gave me his two. At times, it's nice to get the whole vehicle up on all fours and have the extra room to work under the car while everything is level.

Last edited:
I also have a pair of old metal Motomaster ramps from Canadian tire. I sprayed black bed liner on them to give the car traction while going up the ramp. They look real cool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Sold my old steel ramps that I've had since the 70s and bought two 8 ton Rhino Ramps and a friend gave me his two. At times, it's nice to get the whole vehicle up on all fours and have the extra room to work under the car while everything is level.

thumbsup2.gif
That's why I bought 4 pairs of them. I put the two Jeeps in 4L and up they go with ease. Perfect for transmission pan drops, gear oil swaps, servicing the transfer case, or anytime when you want to get under the vehicle and have it level. A big time saver in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back