Oil Filter Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow nutz! I am considering usung Premium Guard oil filters on my Silverado Classic 5.3L I’d sure appreciate some of your opinions on these filters. How do they compare to Fram Ultra Guard, Wix XL and Amsoil?

Can't really compare unless you know the details and specs of that filter brand. They have a website?

I can't figure out why you would use them when there are better alternatives.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
I can't figure out why you would use them when there are better alternatives.

This^ but who makes them and what can they filter as far as microns go?

Not much info on them it seems. They 'look' like the AZ STP XL filter. The former STP XL was made in S Korea by Daewha and were ISO rated 99%>20um. The newest/current STP XL which look the same on outside made in China and iirc the ISO efficiency rating no longer there. If it matters to you, website says 98% but no micron level, so doesn't mean much.

Thanks guys, i think ill just continue to use Fram Ultras. I had seen these premiums on the scotty kilmer youtube channel

Why use an off brand oil filter when you can use a, oh wait, I can't mention names for another nine months and fourteen days but others may have a recommendation.
banana2.gif

I just went through filter selection decisions. After examining many and comparing prices vs. quality, specs etc. Fram Ultra won out. I have never seen a Premium Guard though. Don't know where to get them.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
I just went through filter selection decisions. After examining many and comparing prices vs. quality, specs etc. Fram Ultra won out. I have never seen a Premium Guard though. Don't know where to get them.

I found them on rockauto

Big Chinese supplier probably wanted in on the 'synthetic extended drain' filter market and now offer them with any label to their jobber brand clients. Would be nice to see the media inside

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Big Chinese supplier probably wanted in on the 'synthetic extended drain' filter market and now offer them with any label to their jobber brand clients. Would be nice to see the media inside

...media, media, we don't need no stinking media.. Oops, sorry I've been watching too many Humphrey Bogart movies lately
grin.gif

Whimsey

BigJakeChevy..

This filter is 98% @ 20 micons and is rated for 10k miles. Sayjac has it right. This is what was at AZ. It is also the Federated Auto oil filter. Their EX oil filter. This filter has a silicone ADBV and gasket. Nothing write g with any of that. It is a very good oil filter. The STP XL that had been at AZ has been cut open and did look very, very good after a run.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
BigJakeChevy..

This filter is 98% @ 20 micons and is rated for 10k miles. Sayjac has it right. This is what was at AZ. It is also the Federated Auto oil filter. Their EX oil filter. This filter has a silicone ADBV and gasket. Nothing write g with any of that. It is a very good oil filter. The STP XL that had been at AZ has been cut open and did look very, very good after a run.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back