Perfect Stop Ceramic Brake Pads (Copper-Free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are a private label brand of mid grade pads. There was a recent change of suppliers to Bosch. The pads look almost identical to Bosch Quietcast. Pricing of the pad is low...I would say about the same as Centric 105s.

I deal with an Auto Value store that carries those.
Have not used them myself yet, but have ordered several sets for the tech's that work in our shop and they all like them.
If I recall correctly, they were in the $30-35 price range.

These are exact clones of the Bosch/Hudson/ WBR line, the WBR being sub $20 pads at wholesale levels. All on the same line, different printing on the labels. Did the pads come sealed with plastic inside the box or loose? Performance Hudson/Cool Carbon/ and the new TRW ceramics are all the same as well, with Hudson being about 38$. Along with Bosch/Textar/Meyle rotors, and the Akebono rotors just use a grey coating instead of silver. Mostly brand names coming into play determining the price.

Originally Posted By: Audios
These are exact clones of the Bosch/Hudson/ WBR line, the WBR being sub $20 pads at wholesale levels. All on the same line, different printing on the labels.

But where can I buy them from?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Why not just get Akebono ProAct Ceramic and be done with looking around for an excellent brake pad.

Because they are not excellent pads by any means. They are an expensive pad that is usually quiet, but other than that, nothing to write home about. Stopping power is usually slightly worse than OE and they leave heavy pad deposits. For what Akebonos cost, you can usually spend an extra $5-$10 and buy real dealer pads.

These Perfect Stop pads were actually purchased for another BITOG member.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Do the small letters on the edge say EF or GF?

GF.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
These are exact clones of the Bosch/Hudson/ WBR line, the WBR being sub $20 pads at wholesale levels. All on the same line, different printing on the labels.

But where can I buy them from?

WorldPac.

These are exact clones of the Bosch/Hudson/ WBR line, the WBR being sub $20 pads at wholesale levels. All on the same line, different printing on the labels. Did the pads come sealed with plastic inside the box or loose? Performance Hudson/Cool Carbon/ and the new TRW ceramics are all the same as well, with Hudson being about 38$. Along with Bosch/Textar/Meyle rotors, and the Akebono rotors just use a grey coating instead of silver. Mostly brand names coming into play determining the price.

Interesting. These pads came individually wrapped in some type of chemical-treated paper. WP does not have WBR pads for this application, but Bosch does have a Quietcast pad for this car. The code on the backing plate is different than the one on Quietcast pads so they may be a slightly different formula. For some unknown reason, the WBR pads do not have any edge codes that can be traced to the AMECA document. Not sure why.

Slap them on and let us know how they work out.

I personally stopped experimenting with different brake pads brands and just install a set of EBC Ultimax (former black stuff) on every car me and my family own due to the GG rating, fast bedin, zero noise. They will stop you repeatedly from 100MPH with no fading. They are kinda dusty, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Slap them on and let us know how they work out.

I personally stopped experimenting with different brake pads brands and just install a set of EBC Ultimax (former black stuff) on every car me and my family own due to the GG rating, fast bedin, zero noise. They will stop you repeatedly from 100MPH with no fading. They are kinda dusty, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

I tried EBC Ultimax on my Saturn when I had it. I did like them, nice stopping power and didn't have any issues with noise or excessive dust.
They were a bit more expensive, and I had to order online, but a nice pad and not crazy money!

They used be to made by Wagner. Seems like they switched to Robert Bosch now according to their website.

Last edited:
That's what I run on every one of my vehicles as well. My friend only uses these at his independent Honda/Acura shop as well.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Why not just get Akebono ProAct Ceramic and be done with looking around for an excellent brake pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back