Leak tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this Federated Auto oil filter has writing on the top of it saying it was "leak tested". How is that done?? First time I have ever seen this on any filter. It is in black writing so it is very, very difficult to see for obvious reason. $5 for this 4612 filter that is 99% at 20 microns, rated for 10k miles, synthetic media.
Cat is rated 100% bad donkey all the time, loves roughhousing, and eating saltine crackers for many years to come
smile.gif

My guess is they pressurize the inside with dry air or nitrogen and then put the can under water to look for bubbles. Would be pretty easy to do.

I imagine it's tested with air and required to hold to a certain PSI for a certain amount of time.

Good looking cat too. I love tortoise shells. More like dogs than most small dogs.. Lol.

Yeah dlundblad she is like a dog at times. She loves playing fetch. And for some reason really likes saltine crackers. And she loves biting cords, plastic wrappers and the bag that the saltine crackers are in. Strange little world champion
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
All the Chinese filters I have seen had that stamped on them.

+1

the Chinese oil filters all seem to be leak tested and probably come from the same factory

Funny because this filter was made in South Korea... Made by Daewha.

Last edited:
Maybe... The parts part... Though I would think it is assembled in S. Korea. I don't think our nation would allow North Korea assembled products in our country. Call me crazy... But I just don't see that being allowed.

I actually asked this question of the rep for Ecogard filters. His response was:

Quote:
Depends on the particular production line the product is assembled on. In our plant we have leak testing via air for higher volume products and via water for lower volume products. Most filter manufacturers have a similar setup.

Hmmm interesting. And it makes sense to me. I was surprised to see it painted on top of the filter saying so.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Maybe... The parts part... Though I would think it is assembled in S. Korea. I don't think our nation would allow North Korea assembled products in our country. Call me crazy... But I just don't see that being allowed.

Nope, I'm sure it's just me.
smile.gif

Don't worry my friend...

I'm there with ya !!!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Always very good to see you on here.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
....... but don't specify which parts are manufactured there.
So it might have been manufactured with labor rented from the North Korean government.
This is why I'm personally leery unless South Korea is specifically spelled out these days.

I have also become increasingly concerned about this.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Don't worry my friend...

I'm there with ya !!!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Always very good to see you on here.

Hey Captain. The boss looks content so 2 thumbs up
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back