Leave it to UVa... .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it trusty UVa to be the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 in the NCAA tournament... This program has history of losing games that it should not lose.

Like when UVa lost to a division 3 school called Chaminade from Hawaii in the early 1980s. UVa had Ralph Sampson at the time who was 7 feet 4 inches tall and was 3 time NCAA player of the year. And a #1 NBA draft pick by the Houston Rockets. That loss was the biggest of all time in NCAA basketball history. This loss will be likely the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history.

So leave it up to UVa to choke up and have the 2 biggest upsets in NCAA basketball history.

They sound like my Alma mater, who has the well earned nickname of "Chokelahoma" LOL

Got beat at their own game tonight. Pretty embarrassing performance in front of national tv.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

And about 99.99% of everyone else's bracket as well I bet.

Last edited:
Give props to UVA coach Bennett in his post game interview. Spoke with class and did not make any excuses. Stated at least two times they simply got a butt whoopin!

So UMBC beat two #1 seeds back to back?? Vermont in the America East and VA in the first round of the NCAAs?? I think I found my Cinderella team...

UMBC coach a former UVA ball boy, dad Dave a former UVA assistant 82-89. *

UMBC 12-24 from 3, UVA 4-22 from 3. Like the pro game, college game becoming more an outside game. Watching Marshall beat WSU another example. Marshall's got a dude that shoots the 3 from the hash mark, and makes it. And they practice it.

Tony Bennett still a great coach. His team just didn't show up last night. UMBC hungry and shot the lights out. Happens. March madness, one game win move on, lose and go home.

Odds said a 16 beating a 1 would happen eventually. Unfortunate for UVA it's them. Props to UMBC. 0 out of ~17 million ESPN brackets left perfect.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_baske...s1_127_25965788

13 Marshall Thundering Herd beat 4 Wichita State, 81 - 75. At least it was a closer game and not a 20 pt. blow out.

Happy Cincinnati won, hopefully they go deep. WV will lose in one of the first few rounds as they always do under Bob Huggins. Wish they would go further.

Xavier will go deep like they did last year but wish they would lose early.
smile.gif

UMBC played a perfect game last night. UVA's De'Ondrea Hunter broke his wrist in the ACC tournament and couldn't play. UMBC lost twice to Vermont this year, Albany beat them by 44 points. They lost to Stonybrook and Towson, Arizona beat them by 25. They're fun to watch and I'm pulling for them to go deep into the tournament. Hopefully last night wasn't just a fluke. Hoping Huggy bear and Calipari lose soon.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Tony Bennett still a great coach. His team just didn't show up last night.

Based upon the last 4 seasons though he cannot win the big ones!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
So the Cavaliers take Syracuse off the hook as the previous biggest tournament embarrassment, a #15 seed losing to #2 seed Richmond. UVA men's sports sure ain't what they used to be.
7 or 8 number 2 seeds have lost to number 15 seeds over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back