Delco filters original vs. Ecore

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between the original Delco oil filters and the Ecore filters? Rock Auto says they are both premium filters with excellent performance.

Metal end caps, metal center tube, and in applications with a BPV, no combo valve in what my application shows as different between Classic & ecore. The classic BPV in my application is "clicker"style though.

The Delcos are good, either one. I have run both the classic and the e-core with no problems. Walmarts Supertech $2.88 and the delco e-core $3.99 look exactly the same. I checked out the delco classic at O'Reilly and it looks like a champ made. The Delco classic is now $5.29 at O'Reilly. For a few more dollars $8.97 more I went with the Fram Ultra this time.

I ran the non ecore version in my truck and that thing was loaded with pleats compared to other paper media equivalents. No complaints whatsoever and I'll use them again.

I run both and I cut them open after use. Never seen a reason to not use them. I like the classic better but have no technical reason to pick them over the E-core. Just personal preference.
I order a bunch at a time when I order stuff from rockauto.

Last edited:
Here is a C&P of an AC Delco PF1250
AC Delco PF1250 C&P
I have run maybe 7 or 8 eCores upto 6k miles. Never an issue with media or end caps. I do notice startup rattle beginning at 2.5k miles on conventional or blend oils. YMMV.

The key with oil filters in general is not to exceed the holding capacity of the filter. I keep RPMs low until the engine is warmed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back