Really getting tired of the bums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city of los Angelas has a contract with the cities here. They dump homeless and ex cons here.

You can't walk through a parking lot or pull up to a gas station without one asking for money.

Many are mental or on drugs and often get violent if you don't give them money.

Just now on my way to get lunch there were 2 blocking traffic lanes with their shopping carts, oh they like to leave the carts all over too.

No cops around of course. Infact I rarely see a cop here and never with a car or bum pulled over.

OK rant off. Thanks for listening.

I read that there are over 68000 homeless in LA. That number may be conservative. The Bay Area is another hotspot.

Seattle has a huge problem as well. The city parks are overrun with homeless and addicts. They are dread zones for everyone else. Downtown is loaded with homeless and businesses are complaining to no avail. Every major city has this issue but certain ones allow more leniency.

I sadly try to avoid going to the City of Los Angeles to avoid traffic, higher taxes, etc. Really is turning into a awful place. Homeless problem is huge deal there.

I have been to California a few times. the rose bowl and vacationing in Oceaside Ca. I think that state is so nice and clean .. no pothole in the road, cigarette butts all over. I did however see the Homeless in downtown San Diego and was like [censored] ?

The homeless problem is so bad here that I will not walk down State St in Santa Barbara which is the main street here. Businesses complain of the homeless blocking their doors and sidewalks and are told they have to tolerate it.

Chris, not being flippant, but it is time to go. I moved in November 2012, and haven't looked back. I had planned on living in SoCal for the rest of my life, but I was observing things happening, and I could see trends. I firmly believe we got out just at the right time.

Originally Posted By: Rudy1999 250
I have been to California a few times. the rose bowl and vacationing in Oceaside Ca. I think that state is so nice and clean .. no pothole in the road, cigarette butts all over. I did however see the Homeless in downtown San Diego and was like [censored] ?

My son is stationed at Naval Base Coronado and lives in San Diego. Nice place to visit, nice climate, the homeless are a real turn off for sure. That's one major reason I wouldn't want to live there.

Homeless people's theatre. Hire them all to put on daily stage performances of various classic plays and they get a cut of the door admission.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The homeless problem is so bad here that I will not walk down State St in Santa Barbara which is the main street here. Businesses complain of the homeless blocking their doors and sidewalks and are told they have to tolerate it.

Same up here. The first thing shop owners have to do when opening up is to clean up the poo and urine from the front and back. Then there are the syringes and needles.

California is a beautiful state. I’ve been there several times. I would never live there though even if they do build that high speed train to Bakersfield.

San Francisco is worse and cops don't want to get involved, they just want to do their 20 years and get a nice fat pension. I don't blame the cops for a hands off approach..... thats what the people running the city / state wanted.

Lots of cities will buy people leaving jail a one way bus ticket out of their city. Then these drug addicts, thugs , homeless and psychiatric problematic people become another city's problem.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You get the climate you vote for!
no way did I ever vote the way this state leans.

Aside from that the Weather "climate" is ideal for sleeping outside...lots of sun low rain...etc.

OP why don't you move? Sure incomes are lower in the midwest or South but so is the cost of living. There is a lot of world out there. I moved a state over a couple years ago and it was the best thing that happened to me. Gave me a fresh environment, a different perspective and helped me grow as a person. This in turn helped my relationships and finances grow as well.

If you are unhappy with your location don't be afraid to change it!

Move to a state where the economy is good and there is still some semblance of common sense, ambition, and law and order.

Welcome to Texas.
thumbsup2.gif

Sounds like Portland, I won't go there unless I need to. I get all the yuppies/hippies talking to me about "help" and "saving", and I always remind them of the drug problems that brought these people into the situation they are in. Compassion is good and all, but your decision and choices are your own responsibility. Want to shoot dope and die on the sidewalk? Go ahead, I won't think twice before stepping over your carcass.
I have seen a felon leave prison into the streets, being homeless. He earned enough money within 3 months to move to a different state, got another job, apartment, transportation, food, etc. This is the US, the land of the handouts. No way you can stave or freeze to death around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back