Meltdown Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Kind of interesting to watch the abuse these rifles can take. This guy has all kinds of these "meltdown" videos.

AR-15 Meltdown

AK Meltdown

I've just never understood the purpose of uselessly destroying a perfectly good rifle for no reason. A bit like putting a cinder block on the accelerator pedal of a car until the engine blows.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I've just never understood the purpose of uselessly destroying a perfectly good rifle for no reason. A bit like putting a cinder block on the accelerator pedal of a car until the engine blows.

I agree, but it might be interesting to watch how the engine fails in that scenario! It's all about creating a spectacle to see how many views they can get.

When I was a teenager, Dad "rested" a balanced brick on the accelerator pedal of the R16 to charge the battery...slipped, and had the thing at full noise for quite some time.

never blew, and did at least another 100k miles post the event.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8

I agree, but it might be interesting to watch how the engine fails in that scenario! It's all about creating a spectacle to see how many views they can get.

The problem is that one engine may stretch a connecting rod, the next one of the line might snap a valve stem, the next one might be very nearly perfectly balanced and clearanced and last 5x as long as the other 2...

So we have a sample of 1, which tells us nothing, and relegates this to entertainment vs. education.

Maybe its fun to do? And maybe they get paid to do it, and the ammo gets donated for free, so why not.

Entertainment ...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Maybe its fun to do? And maybe they get paid to do it, and the ammo gets donated for free, so why not.

I suspect part of it is to get YouTube views. Look at how many subscribers and views this guy's channel gets. He can afford to meltdown a gun a day and still make millions of bucks.

It was interesting to see how all that heat effected the firearm and what the failure mode would be.

Originally Posted By: Ws6
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8

The problem is that one engine may stretch a connecting rod, the next one of the line might snap a valve stem, the next one might be very nearly perfectly balanced and clearanced and last 5x as long as the other 2...

So we have a sample of 1, which tells us nothing, and relegates this to entertainment vs. education.

Yes, most certainly

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I suspect part of it is to get YouTube views. Look at how many subscribers and views this guy's channel gets. He can afford to meltdown a gun a day and still make millions of bucks.

It was interesting to see how all that heat effected the firearm and what the failure mode would be.

Bingo.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Millions of bucks?! LOL! Nowhere close! Especially since YouTube has demonetized all the gun channels.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Millions of bucks?! LOL! Nowhere close! Especially since YouTube has demonetized all the gun channels.

Not sure how they demonetized the gun channels, but any other channel with that many subscribers and views per upload would be making millions. There was a kid making $11M a year reviewing toys ... crazy. I'd think YouTube would demonetize everyone since I can't figure out how they can afford to pay all these big time vloggers.

FPS Russia is the most viewed firearms channel on You Tube, and 10th overall. He has just under 3 million subscribers. He earns just north of $100,000.00 a year... Not "Millions".

They must realky demonitize the gun channels then for some reason. YouTube must have a "guns are bad" mentality.

There's a YouTuber with a car channel called Speed717 that has about 600K subscribers - not that many compated to the meltdown guy's gun channel. Speed717 showed his YouTube stats and earnings in one of his videos, and he was making around $40K a month, or about $500K a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back