Any Ring Baloney fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been eating a lot healthier in the past several years, but I still have my weaknesses! I like sliced pepperoni, with some sharp cheddar and plain old Ritz crackers. I enjoy fancy charcuterie platters and other expensive things, but I find that the cheap stuff scratches that itch almost as well, most times!

I also enjoy spray cheese, which my wife finds disgusting (though I would NEVER put it on my Philly cheese steak!)

Last edited:
I don't know what that is! If I have snack preserved meat I usually go with Hard Salami, French baguette, provolone or ?? REAL cheese, and some mustard. I used o like fried bologna sandwitch before it became a pink slime tube.

Any good bologna out there?

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I don't know what that is! If I have snack preserved meat I usually go with Hard Salami, French baguette, provolone or ?? REAL cheese, and some mustard. I used o like fried bologna sandwitch before it became a pink slime tube.

Any good bologna out there?

Oh, yea, I forgot all about the mustard. My wife hates mustard, but it's one of my favorite things! I remember my middle school used to offer sliced cheese during some lunch days. I would grab a ton and a few packets of mustard and go to town. My tastes have become a lot more sophisticated over the years, but, as I said, I still like the simple treats, as well.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I don't know what that is!

No way! This stuff

That is not what I thought you were talking about .

I guessed you meant the kind , that when sliced , has the red vinyl ( ? ) ring around the edge . That you remove before you put it on the bread .

Berks ring bologna is the ULTIMATE. When ever my Family comes from out of state -- they always go home with multiple links of it. That and Yuengling beer.

Dale

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
That and Yuengling beer.

Dale

People used to beg me to pick them up cases of Yuengling when I went home to visit family. Now that it's available here, no one cares.

I grab a case every so often, because it reminds me of hanging out with my uncle - he drinks it more than anything else, or at least he used to. It's cheap and a good bridge between [censored] and craft beers.

Oh Man. Garlic ring bologna fried up with potatoes and lots of onions is my all time favorite meal! And it has to be Kowalski brand ring bologna here in Michigan.

Never heard or have seen it here. It must be a regional thing. I’ll look next time though. Good Bologna is great stuff

Originally Posted By: glock19
I grew up in PA and I always ask my family to bring me Lebanon bologna whenever the visit.

That's what I missed the most when I moved out of PA for a while. Seltzer's is the go to brand around here, although it's sliced a little too thick for me pre-packaged. They will slice it real thin at the deli counter. Gotta top it with mustard!

Ignore the name lol
114-44412aaazx.jpg

I grew up eating Kowalski ring bologna sandwiches, my dad would slice it into circles put in the cast iron skillet with butter and onions and fry it up! We put it on white bread with mustard and reffered to it as a "fried ring baloney sandwich".
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Toto
I grew up eating Kowalski ring bologna sandwiches, my dad would slice it into circles put in the cast iron skillet with butter and onions and fry it up! We put it on white bread with mustard and reffered to it as a "fried ring baloney sandwich".
TOTO.

Fried in butter is the only way I'll eat it
thumbsup2.gif

Our is called "devon"...and as childish as it might be, I've been having devon and sauce (Ketchup) sandwiches for lunch the last few weeks.

Hey, if it's going to be a school playground, may as well relive the entirety of the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back