2006 Mercedes C350 Spark Plug Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helping neighbor change plugs this weekend, M272 engine (3.5 L V6) Bosch seems to be one of the OE suppliers, not sure which over the counter plug is the cross fit. Open to hear what other owners have used and their experience.

Bosch or NGK laser platinum should be fine. I used the NGK in my E350. They seem popular on the MB forums.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Thanks, he has 2 bad coils also. Is this vehicle persnickety about the brand of coils too?

Shouldn't be. Bosch, Beru, or Delphi would be a safe bet.

NGK Laser Platinum (part #4288) or Denso Iridum Long Life (part #3441)

For the coils, get Bosch, Beck/Arnley, or NGK

Whichever Daimler used as OEM - NGK or Bosch and not the “performance” series of either. Stick to a Bosch or Beru coil, better if it’s in a Mercedes box.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Bosch YR7MPP33 is OE, and what I'd use.

+1 on the Bosch BSH YR7MPP33, Bosch offers 2 different coils up to and from vin# at Napa. They will probably have to be ordered so if you go there have the VIN.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Bosch YR7MPP33 is OE, and what I'd use.

+1 on the Bosch BSH YR7MPP33, Bosch offers 2 different coils up to and from vin# at Napa. They will probably have to be ordered so if you go there have the VIN.

AAP and Carquest would work as well. AAP owns WorldPac and can usually get you the good stuff same or next day.

There are a LOT of bad ignition coils out there....
It's one area you want to make sure you get a good kind, for sure.

Last E350 I did a tune up on was a friends 2007 and I used Autolite Iridium XP's that he supplied. I know - the horror! lol. Well, it's been running fine and that was 3 years ago.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Last E350 I did a tune up on was a friends 2007 and I used Autolite Iridium XP's that he supplied. I know - the horror! lol. Well, it's been running fine and that was 3 years ago.

Mercedes E350 or Ford E350?
crazy2.gif

Almost all Motorcraft spark plugs are made by Autolite

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Yeah, but was it in range of the balance shaft problem? The 2006 and early 2007 E-350 models had bad balance shafts which was a pricey fix at the dealer as you have to yank the engine to get at the balance shafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back