I do not feel any older today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Medicare last month. Except for the Dr's office wanting to scheduled a colonoscopy and gleefully saying there's no reason to put it off now that you have Medicare it's been OK.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I started Medicare last month. Except for the Dr's office wanting to scheduled a colonoscopy and gleefully saying there's no reason to put it off now that you have Medicare it's been OK.

I was put under for mine and it was no biggie...except for the colon blow prep, of course. One of the nurses told me it's huge in Hollywood to go through that every couple of weeks...and here I thought they were all full of it.
;^)

which Granpa could delight grankids with big computer stories?

I think it's called Science-Fiction.....

P.S. I had the honor years ago to know a very green 93 years old Michigan-er who got to swim in Atlantic courtesy of German Navy.
I think around 85, he beat some younger 60' and 70' at a swim competition.

How's the riding Weldon?

You're only as young as you want/feel to be!

I'm only 43 and I already had 2 lower GI scopes and 3 upper scopes. You are put under and don't remember a thing. The worst part was the preparation. Having to limit your diet and drink all the clean out stuff is far worse than the actual procedure. Don't put it off. Not worth the risk!

Those colonoscopies are big money makers and rural hospitals in towns with 1600 people perform dozens of that procedure every month. $$$$$.I have my annual Medicare Wellness check next month and doctor will want to schedule a big C for sure knowing full well 75 is the cut off age for individuals who have had regular ten year checks with no polyps found. Guarantee he will not want me leaving without scheduling a colonoscopy. Guaranteed.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
You're as old as you feel!

A man is as old as the woman he feels.

Groucho Marx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back