Norwood Adjustable Height Portable Floor Lectern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife received lectern yesterday and Hosteen begins assembly. Instructions are simple and straightforward. Figure 3 says attach part A and B which make up the base. These two components are notched so that they slip together forming the base, secured with a long allen bolt and carrying the four adjustable glides. Part B won't slip over part A because Part A notch is too small. Time to get out vernier caliper and 1" micrometer which haven't been used in ?? years. Notch in Part A is .011 too small. Customer service says everyone has gone home and takes message. Get e-mail this AM from someone in customer service sending me assembly instructions. If that doesn't help, send picture. ???. How is a picture going to show one notch is .011 to small? Waiting for reply.
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Go nuts on it with a rubber mallet!!!!!
WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM!!!

;^)
Even with four thicknesses of paint to take into account, that is still a slog of an interference fit.

It's past going home time in Cincinnati so this problem is not going to be settled today. Last word was she is consulting with another department.

Haz file? I feel your pain. I examined a Longhan (sic) curved TV wall mount. Early attempts to assemble were frustrating. It is gonna need some finessing with a Dremel to fit together.
grin2.gif

Received email this AM from Norwood that they are shipping a replacement lectern and they don't want the first one back. Probably give the first one to Goodwill with a note describing problem Someone with a good file can probably make parts fit..011 is a pretty good slog with a file though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back