Happy Birthday to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted something with 4WD, more power than the truck, and an enclosed cargo area to haul all our [censored] and pull our teardrop trailer when we go camping. Ended up with this 2005 XTerra two days ago. 6-speed Off Road model with skid plates, locking rear diff, and upgraded suspension over stock. And a roof rack, for the kayaks we don't have yet but probably will soon. Sadly it came with street tires so I still need to drop the $$$ on proper all-terrains, add a hitch and rear air bags, and it should be ready to hit the desert in April.

The yellow wasn't my first choice, but I already missed out on two Off Roads that sold within a day or two of being posted to Craigslist, before I could even go look at them.

Last edited:
Very sharp.

Certainly won’t have the leaky ATF/ radiator cooler leak either. Lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Very sharp.

Certainly won’t have the leaky ATF/ radiator cooler leak either. Lol

Nope, don't have to worry about that one. And timing chains have already been repaired, unless they came with dried gray RTV oozing out of the timing cover from the factory, lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maxdustington
I always thought they were cool but I could never find one with a manual. Is the bump in the rear gate really for the first aid kit?

It is indeed. I find it funny that they made the first aid kits with a green cross on them, which means something completely different in California...

firstaid2.jpg

Last edited:
That car comes with a convenient bag for your stash?
grin.gif
I am horrified by the idea that I may have to give first aid to a stranger. She could be a liability lawyer.

firstaid2.jpg
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back