Kubota oil change questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kubota LA350A with a B2150 diesel engine in it. Trying to find out what the oil capacity is and filter number and came here to see if anyone knew anything about them. I'm unsure of the year on it, the sticker has long since faded away and there's no owners manual. Every google search I've done only gives me coolant and transmission capacity and says nothing about the engine oil. As I understand it, this model was made from 1988-1996 so I don't know if the oil capacity would've stated the same all that time or not.

What oil should it get and how many hours should it be changed? Is regular Rotella or synthetic Rotella okay? Thinking about going with the synthetic for use in wintertime to help it out with cold starts. Oil filter recommendations are welcome too as long as nobody says Purolator I'm open to suggestions there. Thank you in advance!

Kubota # HH150-32094
Converts to Fram PH3593A, TG3593A, or XG3593A
Lots of folks here like the TG, or ToughGuard. Good filter, good price..

Oil
Shell Rotella T5, in 10W-30, semi-synthetic, good value choice
Or
Shell T6, in 5W-40, full synthetic,

Looks like a 4 quart sump...
Careful, there may be two drain plugs, due to the hump in the middle...

Last edited:
You have a model B2150 tractor with a LA350 loader. Find the actual Serial identification tag on the tractor to find out which model you have (B2150, B2150DT, B2150HSD, B2150HST). Is it hydrostatic or gear drive?

I had a B2150 at my workplace and I used Wix (NAPA Gold)filters). My model was hydrostatic and I used the OEM filter for that, because the WIX just didn't seem correct.

10W30 was specified for ours. Any HDEO brand should work. I cannot remember the service intervals. You should be able to find an owners manual somewhere. Sucks that Kubota doesn't offer them for free at their website.

Dig around on this page to see examples of the i.d. tag: https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/?MDLGrp=b2150&Manu=kubota (I couldn't get the pics to download here)

It could be white, gray, or metallic: This one shows B2150HSD EDIT...oops, I see that you stated the sticker is worn off!
Kubota_B2150_4WD_HST_Tractor_4x4_Diesel_With_Kubota_FL1271R_C_Tiller_11_br.jpg

Finally, TractorByNet compact tractor forum has some great guys that might be able to help locate an owners manual.

Dad used to have one of these when I was a kid. One set if turfs and a set of ags. I remember helping him changing them out every spring and fall.

I run the WIX 51334 (Fram xx9688/3593a). If you don't have room, they have another small application filter that is sized like the Fram xx6607. When I used to buy Kubota filters, the dealer gave me either or interchangeably.

I run M1 5w40 in both diesel Kubotas specifying 10w30. 10w30 or even a mineral 15w40 would work great too. I imagine a 50 hour or yearly change would suffice.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Dad used to have one of these when I was a kid. One set if turfs and a set of ags. I remember helping him changing them out every spring and fall.

I run the WIX 51334 (Fram xx9688/3593a). If you don't have room, they have another small application filter that is sized like the Fram xx6607. When I used to buy Kubota filters, the dealer gave me either or interchangeably.

I run M1 5w40 in both diesel Kubotas specifying 10w30. 10w30 or even a mineral 15w40 would work great too. I imagine a 50 hour or yearly change would suffice.

Think I will have to go with the standard size filter because it sits right up against the removable panel on the side.

Did not know about the two drain plugs, only saw one when I was under there looking around but I'll double check to be sure. Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
You have a model B2150 tractor with a LA350 loader. Find the actual Serial identification tag on the tractor to find out which model you have (B2150, B2150DT, B2150HSD, B2150HST). Is it hydrostatic or gear drive?

I had a B2150 at my workplace and I used Wix (NAPA Gold)filters). My model was hydrostatic and I used the OEM filter for that, because the WIX just didn't seem correct.

10W30 was specified for ours. Any HDEO brand should work. I cannot remember the service intervals. You should be able to find an owners manual somewhere. Sucks that Kubota doesn't offer them for free at their website.

Dig around on this page to see examples of the i.d. tag: https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/?MDLGrp=b2150&Manu=kubota (I couldn't get the pics to download here)

It could be white, gray, or metallic: This one shows B2150HSD EDIT...oops, I see that you stated the sticker is worn off!

Finally, TractorByNet compact tractor forum has some great guys that might be able to help locate an owners manual.

Hydrostatic is another word for automatic I assume? If so, that's what I have, you don't have to put it in gear to move, just push down on the accelerator to move forward or rearward.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Hydrostatic is another word for automatic I assume? If so, that's what I have, you don't have to put it in gear to move, just push down on the accelerator to move forward or rearward.

Yes, but it uses a pump to push fluid through pistons to get you to move. You should be able to select low, med or high gear and as you said, you push the petal down in the direction you want to go.

You would know if it was gear driven since the stick would be right between your legs. You would have to select every gear too. Good for say plowing a field, but not so much for mowing a yard with frequent stops. You lose a little bit of pulling power with a hydro, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back