peak global

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at better priced coolants for my new to me 2011 nissan frontier 4.0. looks to have the OE stuff in it but only 28,xxx miles but timed out. the peak looks to be a fit, i will buy full strength + add 50% distilled to it. comments + suggestions appreciated

I changed the OE Toyota pink to Peal Global in my 2008 Corolla and haven't had an issue.
I think Peak Global is an excellent product that works in virtually any application as long as a full flush is performed. It's hard to find the CONCENTRATE but it's available at PSC in Wilkes Barre, PA.

pbm said:
I changed the OE Toyota pink to Peal Global in my 2008 Corolla and haven't had an issue.
I think Peak Global is an excellent product that works in virtually any application as long as a full flush is performed. It's hard to find the CONCENTRATE but it's available at PSC in Wilkes Barre, PA. [/quote

I have been using and recommend Peak Global for a number of years. I get the concentrate at NAPA - PART # PEA 00407 $17.99 a gallon. The only thing I do not like is the light gold color because it makes it harder to see in the overflow tank. Do a really good drain a flush with distilled water then fill with Peak Global and drive with confidence, its good stuff.

I changed over our 2001 Lexus RX300 from Toyota RED to Peak Global Lifetime with no issues. Car is now over 17 yrs old and SIL owns it now, and driving happily. Still on the original radiator, water pump and heater core

Also changed over my 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5S to PGL and no issues either and the kid that bought it loves it. Still has the original rad/wp/hc.

My daughter's Mazda3 in my signature also has PGL installed with no issues. Car is 12 yrs old and daughter is happy. All original rad/wp/hc.

Last edited:
PG is widely available and Peak Global is 100% phosphate and silicate free and that is what many vehicles require.I use it in my Forester,was not going to pay $33 for the subaru stuff from the stealership when PG is the same thing at 1/2 the price. Zerox Asian is about the same price as PG and works just as well. PG will work fine.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I changed over our 2001 Lexus RX300 from Toyota RED to Peak Global Lifetime with no issues. Car is now over 17 yrs old and SIL owns it now, and driving happily. Still on the original radiator, water pump and heater core

Also changed over my 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5S to PGL and no issues either and the kid that bought it loves it. Still has the original rad/wp/hc.

My daughter's Mazda3 in my signature also has PGL installed with no issues. Car is 12 yrs old and daughter is happy. All original rad/wp/hc.

Char:
How long do you run the PGL?
I changed the FF Toyota pink at 7 years/75K miles to PGL and now have 110K (I've only put 35K miles in 3/12 years)....I'll probably change it after 5 years. I'm just wondering if anybody really uses it as a 'Lifetime' fluid?

Sounds like a plan to me. PGL, LL OAT AF, no 2eha. Been using it an older Tacoma specing Toyota Red, ~4years. Original radiator, working fine.

Depending on location, PGL concentrate can be a tad difficult to find. Some Napa stores carry it in stock, Part# PEA 00407. Concentrate the way to go though. Not half water, less expensive, also best if you decide to do a complete exchange/flush with distilled flush series.

thanks for the replies, i did see NAPA is a dealer + they are everywhere!!! peak global concentrate it is, if not on the shelf NAPA orders it in quickly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back