Camry Was Hit Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fun end to the day. Mother was stopped for construction and the lady behind her didn't stop...

gJCOVwk.jpg

hgLPapH.jpg

iQHP1JA.jpg

She is ok, more shooken up than anything. It was driveable, but I decided to have it towed. Unfortunately the contracted company wouldn't tow it directly to my bodyshop, but to their lot till they get payment from somebodies insurance. So tomorrow we have to file against their insurance and try and get a rental. The other person admitted fault to the MD state trooper, but we'll see how it goes once we get to insurance. Don't think it's going to be a total loss, but expensive. I assume the whole trunk floor is going to have to be replaced.

[censored], sorry about that, bud. Better than a hit to the side, where the frame and driveline take a lot of damage, as well as the body.

Sorry-but it's fixable.

Here comes the "diminish value" guys........

Did the law enforcement officer write down your VIN# on the accident report? If so, it will show up on Carfax soon making the car less valuable.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Did the law enforcement officer write down your VIN# on the accident report? If so, it will show up on Carfax soon making the car less valuable.

Yea he sure did. We were planning on keeping it a for a while anyways, but now it'll have an accident on its record. I am planning on a diminished value claim, but not holding my breath. Just glad she's ok.

That's too bad, sorry to hear.

Also, go through your insurance company, they will get their money from the other insurance company.

Originally Posted By: Delta

Yea he sure did. We were planning on keeping it a for a while anyways, but now it'll have an accident on its record. I am planning on a diminished value claim, but not holding my breath. Just glad she's ok.

That's good your not (holding your breath)-because most cases on here get little to nothing.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Delta

That's good your not (holding your breath)-because most cases on here get little to nothing.

I have found even on reputable dealer lots-an accident has very little effect on WHAT THE DEALER ASKS FOR IT. Let's face it-if the accident was at all obvious-that car goes to auction.

Maybe.
This was obviously a very low speed impact, so the damage might be limited to the bumper cover and the deck lid.
Glad that the OP's mother is okay, but she should be in what was a very low speed impact event.
The car is certainly fixable, but I doubt that the laws of PA would support any diminished value claim.
Isn't PA a no-fault collision insurance damage state anyway?

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Maybe.
This was obviously a very low speed impact, so the damage might be limited to the bumper cover and the deck lid.
Glad that the OP's mother is okay, but she should be in what was a very low speed impact event.
The car is certainly fixable, but I doubt that the laws of PA would support any diminished value claim.
Isn't PA a no-fault collision insurance damage state anyway?

This was in a 35mph zone (that nobody follows...) and from the witnesses said she didn't even touch the brakes. There is more damage than what meets the eye. The spare tire carrier is crumpled in a good bit, I'm assuming it'll have to be cut out and replaced. Not sure on being a no-fault state. Either way, since mother is ok, I'm not fretting, just want the car back to normal or worse case replaced.

My guess is it'll be about $6,000 to fix.

My Sonata was barely rear ended last year and it cost about $2,350.

I called to file a diminished value claim, and they only wanted to pay 25% of the repair cost. I fought and got 40%.

No way was that a 35 mph collision.
This was maybe a 15 mph hit.
Worst case scenario, you get average retail for the Camry and the car gets fixed and ends up with another owner for more money than what you'll get for the total loss.
Not fair, but just how things work.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
No way was that a 35 mph collision.
This was maybe a 15 mph hit.
Worst case scenario, you get average retail for the Camry and the car gets fixed and ends up with another owner for more money than what you'll get for the total loss.
Not fair, but just how things work.

Possibly not 35mph, just going on what witnesses said, but it was more than 15. The other car was a Chrysler 200, so nothing tall. The pictures don't do it justice, but the entire trunk floor is gone. Don't know what other damage is there, but I already plan on it getting repaired. Once it gets released from the towing company it's going to one of the best bodyshops (in my opinion) in the area.

It looks like it will fix up fine. Will it be the same afterwards can only be known in the fullness of time. Fortunately nobody was hurt and that’s the main thing.

It will be fixed good as new by a good body shop. New bumper assembly, new rear body panel, repair the trunk floor and trunk lid. Doesn't look like any rail damage but hard to see in the pics.

Last edited:
They have lasers on their body alignment machines and can match it right up again.

It's not a total. Not any where close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back