WM ValuePower battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this battery August 5, 2016 and i surprised it has made it this far along because i can honestly say the previous exide from TSC i had in my f150 didn't last over 9 months.
Guess i'm either lucky or i got a good one.

You should rinse all the acid off of the top of it.

Then add distilled water so the plates are covered at least 1/4"

It’s like the lightbulb that lasts forever. The manufacturers don’t want you to have it.
lol.gif

Yeah Linctex is spot on with his advice. That's where it is at with flooded acid batteries.

Pop the caps with a flat head screw driver. Add distilled water with bulb syringe or a regular plunger syrine. Not like building the space shuttle here Quattro Pete. It's easy Quattro Pete
smile.gif

BTW... I am just messing with you
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yes, I just have not found the caps yet. They must be hiding under some panel.

Is the hidden cell plugs under the label?

I put one in my 99 MGM in Dec 2016 and it's still going strong. I figure if I get 2 years out of it, I'm money ahead of buying a battery with more warranty.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another for $48.88

I get it with the discount batteries, but here where it get’s cold during winter nights you usually find out your baterry has had it when you walk over to the car in the parking lot after work and try to start it to no avail. I stick to the 5 year batteries, but that’s just me.

Last edited:
most batteries that move off the shelves quickly after activation last better, others not so much!! years ago i bought a top shelf die hard from a local catalog store, it died in 6 mo, got another free it went 8 mo, got my money back!! they were a very slow selling odd size that sat on the shelf after activating + died a slow death!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
4 years ago I bought Everstart Maxx from WM. I still have not figured out how to add water to it.

If the battery does not have the normal cell caps it is probably a maintenance. free battery and you should not add water.

Check the water level before you first install it and put it on slow charge at least overnight before using it.

Seems to keep me out of trouble.

BTW, bought a ValuePower a year ago & still going strong in Nebraska winter.

I have one of these for my Camry and a ProLogix PL2310 charger. I'll fully charge it and later in the week it'll only be at about 72%. Oh well still starts the car.

i bought one of these 2 years ago and it was bad off the shelf, took it back the next day and got a battery from somewhere else

I'm gonna try another soon for a car i rarely drive that doesnt' currently have a battery but i'm going to take a multimeter with me next time a checke the voltage before i purchase it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back