Pi Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
TW3_Mar-18_6.jpg

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
TW3_Mar-18_6.jpg

Too funny.

Our plant celebrates pi day each year by serving pie to all the employees. The poster they hung up to announce it also shows a mirror image of 3.14. What a coincidence.

Generally the only 'celebrations' i've been near, years ago, were from groups that were looking for a reason to bring pies into work; if I were to ask what the number actually represents, I'm pretty sure few could answer. In that context, I thought the whole thing was pretty stupid

Irrational indeed. lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Pie are round. Cake are squared.

nuh-uh! couple years back I made a square pumpkin pie for pi day. (Because pie are squared duh!)

that patch in the middle...first attempt at photography, fumbled my phone INTO the pie...OOPS!

That's a minor variation of the punchline of a more complicated joke that went around at least as least far back as the early 1960s. (Said the hillbilly to his math-student son, "No, son, pie are round! Cornbread are square!")

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Its also the day Einstein was born and Hawking died.

The odds of that are one in 365 because it was already determined Einstein was born on PI day. The odds of Stephen being born and also dying on PI day are one in 133,225. In honor of Stephen Hawking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre

nuh-uh! couple years back I made a square pumpkin pie for pi day. (Because pie are squared duh!)

that patch in the middle...first attempt at photography, fumbled my phone INTO the pie...OOPS!

Did you eat it? I`m talking about the phone not the pie. :)

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Originally Posted By: earlyre

Did you eat it? I`m talking about the phone not the pie. :)

heck yeah, i ate the pie I scraped off the phone. the rest of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back