NGK Spark Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shopping around for NGK 6994 spark plugs. Looking on AZ and AAP, they are $10/ea : https://www.autozone.com/ignition-tune-u...plug/441325_0_0

While same plug can be had for for less than $6/ea : https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pcs-Acura-Honda-V6-Accord-MDX-TL-NGK-Laser-Iridium-Spark-Plugs-IZFR6K11-6994/182896656127?epid=656533098&hash=item2a957d7eff:g:BzcAAOSwH3haCQkQ&vxp=mtr

Even RA is selling them around $9, why such a huge difference?

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Google fake NGK spark plugs. I would buy them locally from a trusted source.

Thanks, that's exactly what I did
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The price at AAP is only $7 each when you use promo code HXH9BX
smile.gif

Thanks, I would rather buy from them, at least a good quality product(hopefully)
thumbsup2.gif

The 3 AAP stores I've dealt with are good.
Bergenfield, NJ
New Milford, CT
Ticonderoga, NY
Good, personalized service but not always the place for timely delivery of foreign car parts.

I got my Iridium NGK's from AutoZone with a nice discount applied.

Definitely be aware counterfeit plugs -
if you have an Engine like my SOHC Ford 4.6,
it isn't a job you would like to do twice.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I got my Iridium NGK's from AutoZone with a nice discount applied.

Definitely be aware counterfeit plugs -
if you have an Engine like my SOHC Ford 4.6,
it isn't a job you would like to do twice.

Curious, how good was discount on AZ?

I recently purchased (4) NGK 6994 from Amazon for $24 and some change knowing nothing about the fakes being around. I wonder what the chances of them being fakes are.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
I recently purchased (4) NGK 6994 from Amazon for $24 and some change knowing nothing about the fakes being around. I wonder what the chances of them being fakes are.

Curious, how did you buy them for $24 and from AZ they are going to be legit!

At least, I hope so?
smile.gif

i have to update.. I did buy NGK plugs (for the civic) at Amazon. It was sold/shipped by Amazon. So I don't think Amazon itself is selling fakes. The plugs look exactly like what I'd expect down to every marking. They're real NGK's.. I would stay away from the independent sellers though.

Originally Posted By: researcher
i have to update.. I did buy NGK plugs (for the civic) at Amazon. It was sold/shipped by Amazon. So I don't think Amazon itself is selling fakes. The plugs look exactly like what I'd expect down to every marking. They're real NGK's.. I would stay away from the independent sellers though.

How much did you pay for each?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: researcher

How much did you pay for each?

hey maverick.. I'll go check what I paid for each. Actually it was a box of 4 cost $13, that's how it's sold. No problem, I needed 4. So 13/4= $3.25 each. They're the copper core plugs that the civic uses.

EDIT: These plugs are for my 96 project civic car. They used copper core plugs in those engines.

Last edited:
RockAuto has the plugs considerably cheaper than Honda does for the same plugs, just not in a Honda box.

I bought my plugs from RockAuto but never installed them. I too was worried about counterfeit plugs. I generally only buy my parts OEM directly from an online dealership unless I know I want aftermarket (usually things like reman. calipers I go AM). For aftermarket I usually only buy from RockAuto unless I can find a good price from another reputable seller.

I never buy my parts directly from individual people like on eBay or Amazon Marketplace. Too risky for me.

I will say though RockAuto has taken a nosedive in terms of quality and customer service. May stop going there too if I can find the same prices elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back