Glue down in center tube issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently removed a TG4386 off my daughters car and found two glue shards, one in the center tube and one on the baseplate. Very angry as it is a father's responsibility to do a good job, even though it wasn't my fault. I still put the filter on bottom line. It could be there are still pieces in the oil galleries, no way to ever know.To me, worse than a media tear.

Now I am looking at glue inside my filters. I am so glad I put the Toyota OE on her car this time instead of the XG4957 I was going to use. Some of the bottom center tube holes have been partially covered with a skin of glue. About half the hole is covered. Nothing is behind these holes except mesh and media. I think there is a good chance the glue over the holes will go into the engine. So that filter is not going to be used. I looked at the other filters I have, many are fails also. The $1 Wix ST from WM was good, Toyota perfect no glue seen at all, ecore good. Most others not good, not using, including a Boss. No tin foil hats please, picture worth a thousand words, it shows the fact. Just for information, I think it is important. On the Ultra the holes could be higher is all it would take to solve the problem.

Do you mean that little discoloration all the way at the bottom? It's glue, doesn't dissolve in engine heat or from oil, and will stay there until the filter is put into a blast furnace. Agree 100% with Chris142 you're worrying about nothing.

Not about nothing. The problem is the bottom center holes are appx. half covered by a very thin wall of free standing glue. It's fine by me if someone thinks that is safe to use, or just can't quite visualize it for whatever reason. This is a picture of an ST3387 I bought at Walmart for $1. Nice filter. Has nice glue band too, higher up than my Ultra, but someone realized the holes need to be higher up, OR THE HOLES GET GLUE All OVER THEM.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
The OEM oil filter is the way to go. And you don't have to worry about glue.

DENSO

That's what I used instead, and happy did so. Plus I can say DENSO all I want on this thread without getting chewed out by the OP.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Some of the bottom center tube holes have been partially covered with a skin of glue. About half the hole is covered. Nothing is behind these holes except mesh and media. I think there is a good chance the glue over the holes will go into the engine.

You got clear close up photoes of these missing pieces of glue and the matching location where they broke off from?

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Judiciously goodtime, judiciously.

Will be more judicious with your word. I looked in an XG3614, last Fram from Camry, looked better than this one.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Did ya ever name your dog or cat DENSO ???

lol.gif

Thought about naming a cat SEVEN but war department quickly disabused me of that notion. Also considered Soda but no-go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back