NAPA GOLD #1358 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says assembled in USA versus made in USA wonder if that has anything to do with being a little different. Some parts from Mexico maybe?

Thanks folks and yeah i was surprised to see "louvers" and nitrile ADBV

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That's the first-ever nitrile ADBV NAPA Gold I've seen.

There's others skip to 33 on video, the filter for my application also looks like a nitrile adbv.
Looks like a nice filter and I looked it up and supposed to be 99% at 23 microns.

Quote:
..There's others skip to 33 on video, the filter for my application also looks like a nitrile adbv.

Looks to me like typical Wix/NG silicone adbv in the video, orange/red. There's other nitrile, however the vast majority automotive application filters are silicone like that shown in the video. I believe you'll find the OPE applications to be mainly nitrile adbvs.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
..There's others skip to 33 on video, the filter for my application also looks like a nitrile adbv.

Looks to me like typical Wix/NG silicone adbv in the video, orange/red. There's other nitrile, however the vast majority automotive application filters are silicone like that shown in the video. I believe you'll find the OPE applications to be mainly nitrile adbvs.

I got them confused. My Bad, your right it's silicone that's even better.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: CR94
Oil color on that one looks peculiar---cloudy but not very dark. Any explanation?

Yah its looks like he's been running Swiss Miss.

That's some dirty oil!
I have noticed when there is a C&P with an oil filter that was used multiple OCI's, that the oil is always darker-AKA-much dirtier.
car51, as usual, great C&P. Keep up the good work, Sir.
thumbsup2.gif

Wix told me they use nitrile adbv on the 1358 filters because they also fit some industrial applications with diesel engines and the diesel could cause the silicone adbv to seal where the nitrile will not. Don't quite understand that one.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
The 1358 is an outlier of the standard Napa Gold filter construction. My 'speculation' is because it's applications include many/majority OPE applications it uses a nitrile adbv, dome bypass and perhaps even the louvered centertube. Garak has shown those filter aspects in a thread of 1358 some time ago.

Yes. I simply returned the one example with the closed louvers, and got another 51358, used another after it, as I recall. Mine was an actual Wix, but, as always with NAPA Gold versus Wix, construction was identical. As you can see, I am using the NAPA Gold 7356. Generally speaking, I can get the Wix 57356 cheaper than the specified 51358, and could get the 51356 cheaper than the previously specified 51365, though I'd use all four filters with confidence, assuming something wasn't obviously wrong, as in that one example I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back