Oil turns to sticky/slimy substance after 1500mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same poster that has the big thread below “my suv had a heart attack”. Twenty pages already.

[censored]

But honestly, could it be that he completely overlooked what’s inside the 5qt container at Walmart for example, or he left the cap of the engine opened and perhaps wash his car; could it be the case of his mistake somehow between the lines?

Alright, I was in the camp that says he unknowingly ran returned oil that was filled with something else.

But after having a 20+ page thread here with "oil enthusiasts" giving him decent commentary and corrective measures to pursue, he decides to go to Reddit and simply says he ran M1 EP and after 1,500 miles, poof it turned to goo?

I think this guy is trying to make a statement against M1 specifically and is less interested in actually figuring out what it was. It seems as though he's looking for an echo chamber.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Alright, I was in the camp that says he unknowingly ran returned oil that was filled with something else.

But after having a 20+ page thread here with "oil enthusiasts" giving him decent commentary and corrective measures to pursue, he decides to go to Reddit and simply says he ran M1 EP and after 1,500 miles, poof it turned to goo?

I think this guy is trying to make a statement against M1 specifically and is less interested in actually figuring out what it was. It seems as though he's looking for an echo chamber.

Yup, and zero mention there of the analysis indicating that the product is obviously not engine oil, as it has no additives and its viscosity is off the chart.

Doesn't smell right.

If his story is true he is not doing himself any favors by spreading it like this. Stuff like this Reddit post is making me doubt his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back