Anyone have a Phoenix Reverse Bleeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years I had these plastic syringes with plastic hoses that I found on the Snap On truck a long time ago. The 90 degree hoses have become too soft to use any more and I'm missing most of the conical adapters that came with them. Time for something new.
Anyone have the Phoenix tools, or is there anything else out there that works well?

Originally Posted By: Ducked
60ml enema syringe. Think they cost about 90 cents.

That's pretty much what I had. If I can find a kit with all the hoses and adapters I would just do it again.

Plus, all the tubeless sealant I buy for bicycle tires comes with syringes. I certainly have no shortage of them around here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Originally Posted By: Ducked
60ml enema syringe. Think they cost about 90 cents.

That's pretty much what I had. If I can find a kit with all the hoses and adapters I would just do it again.

Plus, all the tubeless sealant I buy for bicycle tires comes with syringes. I certainly have no shortage of them around here.

I just connect to the bleed nipple with a bit of vinyl aqquarium tubing. Can either pull or push fluid, or cycle between them, which is useful if there are stubborn bubbles.

I'd guess with "hoses and adaptors" you are talking about connecting to the mc reservoir. Never done that, and don't really see the need, but maybe ABS would make a difference.

I had to look up what a drench gun was. Now we all know where the inventor of the Phoenix tool got the idea.

So, while searching Ebay, I came across Eze Bleeder. That's exactly what I had. I'm just going to grab a new one. It worked great.
Thanks for the replies.

Honest question here. Any concern about air or junk getting trapped in the abs using one of these?

The air powered vacuum bleeder made by OTC is FN awesome for bleeding brakes all by yourself in very little time. Just hook it to a compressed air line, lock on the trigger, and watch it pull a pint of brake fluid in about 30 seconds. It's all about moving a good volume of fluid quickly, and the air is gone. It's around $100, and comes with everything you need, including a auto fill bottle. It's worth every penny.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chester11
Honest question here. Any concern about air or junk getting trapped in the abs using one of these?

Just take steps to make sure you don't do that. I clamp the hoses, and compress the caliper to clear out the old fluid, this is where most of the crud is. Then drain the master cyl, and with it empty, reverse flush, suck that muck out and refill. I've never had an issue with bleeding an ABS system, no matter how I bleed. Only times I have had trouble is with vacuum bleeders - they can suck air past seals, and you end up worse than when you started.

Here's a drench gun...how did they come up with the idea of the Phoenix I wonder ? There are many different styles.

60ml%20auto%20cattle%20drencher.jpg

Last edited:
With the syringe I had in the past, I never had any trouble bleeding anything. Like Silk said, clamp everything and take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back