coolant vaccum refillers worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased one from ECS tuning a few months ago for a steal of a deal. I've used them professionally in a shop in the past and now I own my own. I really like them and it made filling the coolant in my 4Runner which is a pain to fill because the heater core is above the radiator a 5 minute job compared to a 45 minute job with a spill free funnel.

It really depends on the car.

It makes a coolant drain + refill on something like my Porsche an easy affair. (It's a 6-gallon system)

Yes, they are. I use one all the time at work. UPS has one in the shop for us to use, but I cant borrow it for using at home.
I bought my own for personal use and plan on changing the coolant in my VW. I obtained mine from ECS Tuning on sale thanks
to a thread started by Trav.

cool. so most of the vids they seem to have drained the whole system. so when its used in the vacuum mode does it suck out any remaining coolant and send it out the hose?

I think it really depends on the car, and how much use you expect to get out of it..

If its once every 5 years I'd pass. If you work on a mini fleet of hard to bleed/PITA cars ... maybe its for you.

If you work on cars for a living.. yes a no-brainer.

so can these be used to remove the coolant trapped in the block and heater core and then do a full refill with all new fluid?

No. If you were to vac it down then release the vacuum it may pull a bit more into the radiator so it can be drained.
Vacuum filling allows you to fill the system without air pockets which is a huge deal on many cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back