Gold Dot Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all Gold Dot ammo/bullets the same as the SPEER brand name? I have found a version of GD made by/under CCI. Does CCI use the SPEER GD bullet as their load? In other words, is the SPEER bullet patented and can only be used when making a GD?

I just found out that CCI & SPEER are the same company.
So, just like HORNADY makes the XTP bullet, CCI/SPEER makes the GD bullet. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Yep, Speer/CCI are the same.

I have carried GoldDot for years. Used to carry Fed HydraShok and still have a good bit.

For 9mm, I have a decent supply of 124gr JHP +P and +P+ that I carry when I have a 9mm on.

For .357 Sig and .45 ACP, it's the GoldDot.

ATK bought everyone, ATK's outdoor products brands included: Federal Premium Ammunition, Bushnell, Savage Arms, BLACKHAWK!, Primos, Final Approach, Uncle Mike's, Hoppe's, RCBS, Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Champion Targets, Gold Tip Arrows, Weaver Optics, Outers, Bolle, Cebe, and Serengeti.

Last edited:
Gold Dots are great, they perform as well as anything, are loaded by multiple sources and are often priced better than other "premium" self defense bullets.

I carried Gold Dots on duty for many years with no concerns, and still have them for a lot of my carry ammo choices. Underwood for example will sell you really hot loaded Gold Dots at decent prices.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Gold Dots are great, they perform as well as anything, are loaded by multiple sources and are often priced better than other "premium" self defense bullets.

I carried Gold Dots on duty for many years with no concerns, and still have them for a lot of my carry ammo choices. Underwood for example will sell you really hot loaded Gold Dots at decent prices.

I'd pick the LE loading from LeVista/ATK. It's likely got the best QA/QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back