Help identify oil filter 3.6L Chrysler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the oil in my new to me 2017 Chrysler Pacifica at 8k miles. There was a sticker on the windshield that the oil was changed at 3k miles at a Toyota dealership. The oil filter I removed said made in South Korea and had a possible part number of CG1 or P00539. My google foo isn’t too good and I can’t determine what kind of filter it is that I removed. It did not look like the Mopar 349 filter I used to replace it. Any ideas?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I ran a quick search with DuckDuckGo and came up with this.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/6069658127...&redirect=1

Probably a good idea to get that filter off of there.

Filter doesn't look anything like that Alibaba filter.

Here is a picture of the bottom. I didn't think to get a picture of the rest of it.

image.jpg

Wix is known to source their Pentastar oil filters from Korea, although anybody could hook up with that S. Korean factory.

BTW, your Pacifica was a real star in the "Game Night" movie I saw yesterday. Hillarious movie, and the Pacifica handles pretty well in it.

Last edited:
P50039, printed on the top of your filter, is known to be on some Kia engine's oil filters, so its probably a plant number (??), not a part number.

The wrong version doesn't have the protruding plastic part, was for earlier models, if they don't look the same at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back